By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Haze out did GTAIV PS3 this week in US

BKK2 said:
gebx said:
Anyone know how much it cost to develop Haze? or how many sales i'll take for Ubisoft to break even?

It doesn't answer your question (and it's unlikely Ubisoft would reveal the answers in any detail), but they were expecting to take in €25m from Haze over fiscal 08-09:

At the same time, in order to take into account the postponed release date for Haze™, Ubisoft has raised its 2008-09 sales target to approximately€1 billion, compared with the previously-announced forecast of around€975 million. The Group is maintaining its target for current operating income before stock options to represent at least 11% of sales.

MCV

so it means around 500,000 copies ,,,,my guess was  close,,,I think it will definitly reach that target.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
I never saw any advertisments... hmm...

Legs will be horrible though, it won't reach a million.

it has had alot of advertising so far

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

1 week of haze = 67% of Lairs sales... LOL

PooperScooper said:
1 week of haze First 3 days of haze= 67% of Lairs sales... LOL

fixed it for you ;)

I wont be suprised if this makes it to a Million sales WW...

This is the first game to compete with Nintendo inhouse titles advertising budget wise in Australia. (Yes i basing my prediction on '0.2%' of the WW market)

(The quote button is just down the right)

I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
BKK2 said:
gebx said:
Anyone know how much it cost to develop Haze? or how many sales i'll take for Ubisoft to break even?

It doesn't answer your question (and it's unlikely Ubisoft would reveal the answers in any detail), but they were expecting to take in €25m from Haze over fiscal 08-09:

At the same time, in order to take into account the postponed release date for Haze™, Ubisoft has raised its 2008-09 sales target to approximately€1 billion, compared with the previously-announced forecast of around€975 million. The Group is maintaining its target for current operating income before stock options to represent at least 11% of sales.

MCV

so it means around 500,000 copies ,,,,my guess was close,,,I think it will definitly reach that target.

What they expect to take from it doesn't really tell us how many they need to break even without knowing how much it cost to develop and market etc.

Anyway, they'll need to sell far more than 500,000 to bring in €25m. They receive far less than the actual retail price, plus a weak dollar means they get even less in Euros from NA sales.

That's not to say they can't break even off of 500,000 copies, it's just that it's impossible to know. 

fuegonian said:
I wont be suprised if this makes it to a Million sales WW...

This is the first game to compete with Nintendo inhouse titles advertising budget wise in Australia. (Yes i basing my prediction on '0.2%' of the WW market)

(The quote button is just down the right)

yeah the game has been getting alot of advertising

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

SpartanFX said:
gebx said:

i think 500,000 copies is a safe bet

but free radical said in one of their haze interviews (from 3 months ago )that they will enver do Exclusive again,,they said multiplat from now on.

Well I thought Haze was only a timed exlclusive, right? Isn't it coming out for the 360 later this year?

I really am surprised to see Haze outselling GTAIV on the PS3 though. That's like wow! I wonder what'll happen with next weeks sales. Will Haze stay #1 for the PS3 on the NA charts? 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

@ smbu maybe, it is an exclusive, but there are strong rumours that it is coming to 360 later this year

OT: positive Haze user reviews should help its sales somewhat, which is why I think it can make 750k ww

Also, Lair lacks others data