By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Haze out did GTAIV PS3 this week in US

i played the demo at my cousins house, it was hard to even see the enemies played it for about 10 minutes and i didnt like what i saw. i know its not good to judge a game in 10 minutes but it was almost unplayable for me

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

Very impressive opening for a game with such bad reviews.

It may well reach 750,000 copies within a year.

I agree that a comparison with Lair is interesting. Both are exclusives, both were hyped by Sony-fans, both are action games, both got horrible reviews and Lair was also advertised well. Imo it's interesting that Haze will sell so much better, because for some reason I always thought that shooters wouldn't do too good on the PS3.

SpartanFX said:
@cougarman
this just shows what advertising does to sales

the game had a strong ad camapgin in both US and EU

yes advertising is key on games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Consider this. I saw haze adds on TV in Australia. In comparison I never saw halo 3 or GTA 4 adds on TV. It had to be advertised. BTW the add is shit. I hate it.

FaRmLaNd said:
Consider this. I saw haze adds on TV in Australia. In comparison I never saw halo 3 or GTA 4 adds on TV. It had to be advertised. BTW the add is shit. I hate it.

The guys voice annoys me. He sounds stoned.

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Anyone know how much it cost to develop Haze? or how many sales i'll take for Ubisoft to break even?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
Anyone know how much it cost to develop Haze? or how many sales i'll take for Ubisoft to break even?

i think 500,000 copies is a safe bet

but free radical said in one of their haze interviews (from 3 months ago )that they will enver do Exclusive again,,they said multiplat from now on.

good option. they have lost ther rep for this lol ^^^^

I never saw any advertisments... hmm...

Legs will be horrible though, it won't reach a million.

gebx said:

It doesn't answer your question (and it's unlikely Ubisoft would reveal the answers in any detail), but they were expecting to take in €25m from Haze over fiscal 08-09:

At the same time, in order to take into account the postponed release date for Haze™, Ubisoft has raised its 2008-09 sales target to approximately€1 billion, compared with the previously-announced forecast of around€975 million. The Group is maintaining its target for current operating income before stock options to represent at least 11% of sales.

MCV