By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Street Fighter IV will be released in all HD consoles and PC except for Wii

it would of been nice if it was on wii,but i still think they wouldnt have done the controls to good

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

SFIIHD has me more excited than SFIV.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

@disolitude

I was talking about the strategy in general ... not in this instance.

If the game comes out on both SD and HD consoles and people are interested in graphics, they are going to get it on their HD consoles -- unless there is a compelling reason to do otherwise. I cannot think of one existing for SF4. There appears to be one though for SW: The Force Unleashed.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:
@disolitude

I was talking about the strategy in general ... not in this instance.

If the game comes out on both SD and HD consoles and people are interested in graphics, they are going to get it on their HD consoles -- unless there is a compelling reason to do otherwise. I cannot think of one existing for SF4. There appears to be one though for SW: The Force Unleashed.

Mike from Morgantown

Ah I see, yeah thats right on then.  I agree with you about SW:unleashed and other games too that control similarly no matter what controller you use (like Ironman) also agree with your theory.

But specifically for SF4...HD consles offer much more than just HD graphics over the Wii when it comes to this game.

Not interested. I obviously could buy it on PC, but the game just looks slow and not fun at all. I found out why when it turned out the game had been outsourced to Dimps, who is excellent on platformers, but mediocre on fighting games. It also doesn't help that the art direction is absolutely hideous. It's kinda sad that the new King of Fighters looks better than the new Street Fighter...

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Not interested. I obviously could buy it on PC, but the game just looks slow and not fun at all. I found out why when it turned out the game had been outsourced to Dimps, who is excellent on platformers, but mediocre on fighting games. It also doesn't help that the art direction is absolutely hideous. It's kinda sad that the new King of Fighters looks better than the new Street Fighter...

King of fighters always looked better than street fighter... It didn't play better tho.

disolitude said:
naznatips said:

King of fighters always looked better than street fighter... It didn't play better tho.

Off-topic, but that's a very very odd bet you've made.  You really expect the sequel to FEAR, a solid but hardly extraordinary shooter, to do better than Valve's next big game?

naznatips said:

They only made one fighting series similiar to Street Fighter and that's The Rumble Fish. You didn't like that game?

King of Fighters was bound to look better since it's sprite based. In other news Odin Sphere is one of the best looking games of last gen as was Guilty Gear XX. Good sprite graphics just have a way of smacking you in the face with beauty in a way 3D models never can.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

SFIII looked better than the KOF series due to the larger sprites and higher number of frames per animation. While preference in art style or character design is subjective, from a technical standpoint, # of animation frames and sprite size are the basis for comparison.

The best "KOF" was actually Capcom Vs. SNK 2 Mark of the Millenium, which was essentially a Capcom game with the SNK characters.

The 3D KOF games don't apply since hand drawn and 3D rendered fighters are different genres to most who are big on fighting games.

Why any Wii exclusive owner who claims not to care about the SF series would bother to comment on its absence from the platform is a mystery to me.

If there's a PS2 port, there will will be Wii port down the line.

Onyxmeth said:
naznatips said:

They only made one fighting series similiar to Street Fighter and that's The Rumble Fish. You didn't like that game?

King of Fighters was bound to look better since it's sprite based. In other news Odin Sphere is one of the best looking games of last gen as was Guilty Gear XX. Good sprite graphics just have a way of smacking you in the face with beauty in a way 3D models never can.

I know.  That's what makes this so sad.  They could have had incredible detailed HD sprites, but instead they went with this hideous mutated 3D monkey character models.  

I've never played The Rumble Fish since it was Japan only, but I certainly wasn't impressed with their Budokai games.