By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Street Fighter IV will be released in all HD consoles and PC except for Wii

konnichiwa said:
I am happy that I also bought a PS3. Wii only owners will Miss a lot this gen.

Or that could apply to any system being the only one owned. Your comment did imply that it was just the Wii that would be missing out. You know just owning either a 360, PS3, or just a handheld, would be missing out.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I wasn't really that excited about the game. I was more annoyed at developers shafting the Wii again.

The only reason there are so many "X game should be ported to the Wii" is because the Wii is not getting most of those games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

naznatips said:
Ari_Gold said:
DAY 1, glad to see its for 360/PS3. To those wanting a 2D HD game, theres Super Street Fighter 2 HD coming to Xbox Live/PSN.

Now that's a game I may actually buy.  This, no thanks.   

Why does Chun Li have the hands and legs of a 400 pound man??? http://www.the-magicbox.com/0803/game080302e12.shtml

Official SF2 art

Official SFZero/Alpha Art

Official SF3 art

Because that's the way Chun-Li has always been portrayed.

I personally hope it doesn't come out on the Wii 'cos then their attention will be divided and the game will possibly be gimped.

If they do make a Wii/PS2/PSP version I hope it's built from scratch.

It's a shame so many people hating on Street Fighter IV since it won't be on their console of choice.

Around the Network
Dragon007 said:
I personally hope it doesn't come out on the Wii 'cos then their attention will be divided and the game will possibly be gimped.

How do you know the game isn't scaleable (like Valve's Source Engine)? We don't know what they are going to do, so you do not actually know the game would be gimped by having it on the Wii.

And anyway, the screens show a heavily artistic design, not a hyper detailed one, like Sould Calibur IV. 

LordTheNightKnight said:
Dragon007 said:

How do you know the game isn't scaleable (like Valve's Source Engine)? We don't know what they are going to do, so you do not actually know the game would be gimped by having it on the Wii.

And anyway, the screens show a heavily artistic design, not a hyper detailed one, like Sould Calibur IV. 

That's why I said 'possibly'.

Dragon007 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Dragon007 said:

That's why I said 'possibly'.

Missed that. My bad.

As for dividing attention, it would depend. If Capcom focused most of the attention on the source game, and then used teams familiar with specific systems, then it wouldn't be a problem. 

DMeisterJ said:
It's a shame so many people hating on Street Fighter IV since it won't be on their console of choice.

Who's hating on the game?

Onimusha12 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Who's hating on the game?

I didn't (an am not) name (naming) names.

If you feel offended by the comment, maybe it applies to you, if you don't, then it doesn't.