By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Street Fighter IV will be released in all HD consoles and PC except for Wii

yushire said:
@mise sorry about the quoting thing. Anyway, do you really think that no fighting game can be released or developed on the Wii then because of SSBB? That will be bad for the demographic that likes fighting games if thats the case...
Traditional six button fighters like Street Fighter have a problem when it comes to porting on the Wii. The motion is too imprecise to substitute for button presses, the nunchuck + wiimote combo don't have enough available buttons to account for three kicks and three punches, plus you'll be required to play with an analog stick since the d-pad is out of finger range and that's a big no no in Street Fighter land. It would be necessary to buy a different controller option, which would be a Classic controller($20) or Hori Fighting Stick($40), which means Capcom will be relying on owners to have a controller that doesn't come standard with the Wii. It also means Capcom will have to support a Wiimote and nunchuck combo regardless of how bad it'll turn out, which will slaughter review scores, break the flow of the game, and will attract bad word of mouth from consumers dumb enough not to play it on a classic controller.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Not that I wanted to play with those gorillas, or that I don't have a PC, but this doesn't seems to be a very smart move by Capcom. Oh well, their loss.

I know that these times are different but is obvious that Capcom doesn't look at the must succesful machines to launch their games. Street fighter 3 was never released on the Playstation 1 and Resident evil 4 was designed primarly for the Gamecube.

So they may never release a SF4 for the wii or they will much much later.

Onyxmeth said:
yushire said:
@mise sorry about the quoting thing. Anyway, do you really think that no fighting game can be released or developed on the Wii then because of SSBB? That will be bad for the demographic that likes fighting games if thats the case...
Traditional six button fighters like Street Fighter have a problem when it comes to porting on the Wii. The motion is too imprecise to substitute for button presses, the nunchuck + wiimote combo don't have enough available buttons to account for three kicks and three punches, plus you'll be required to play with an analog stick since the d-pad is out of finger range and that's a big no no in Street Fighter land. It would be necessary to buy a different controller option, which would be a Classic controller($20) or Hori Fighting Stick($40), which means Capcom will be relying on owners to have a controller that doesn't come standard with the Wii. It also means Capcom will have to support a Wiimote and nunchuck combo regardless of how bad it'll turn out, which will slaughter review scores, break the flow of the game, and will attract bad word of mouth from consumers dumb enough not to play it on a classic controller.

Why don't they try to bundle the classic controller with the game?

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

who cares??

also, the graphics and the game generally is nothing special....
Wii could make it special with controls, like it make DragonBall Z BT 3 so special....

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Around the Network
Bobbuffalo said:
I know that these times are different but is obvious that Capcom doesn't look at the must succesful machines to launch their games. Street fighter 3 was never released on the Playstation 1 and Resident evil 4 was designed primarly for the Gamecube.

There is no way PS1 could run Street Fighter 3. It could barely run alpha. Saturn on the other hand...

Resident Evil 4 I am positive had some financial help from nintendo.

Capcom isn't as dumb as they look.

i am really looking forward to this game and how fun it will be on XBL

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Bored4life said:
Onyxmeth said:
yushire said:

Why don't they try to bundle the classic controller with the game?

To be honest, they probably would get shot down by Nintendo if they tried. Just look at how strict Nintendo is with third party implementation of Miis. It wouldn't be a bad idea but I just don't see Capcom being allowed to do it.

@Leni-Street Fighter 4 can not work with motion control. Anyone familiar and halfway decent at the series would tell you the same thing. All six buttons needed are for punches and kicks(low/middle/high) which need to be done in rapid succession and cannot be mimiced through swipes, slashes, half circles or other motions the Wiimote might use to replace buttons with. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

YEY YEY YEY YEY YEY

A fighting game for my pc. about stinking time

disolitude said:
Bobbuffalo said:

There is no way PS1 could run Street Fighter 3. It could barely run alpha. Saturn on the other hand...

Resident Evil 4 I am positive had some financial help from nintendo.

Capcom isn't as dumb as they look.

Yeah I know. They still released SFA3 on the PSOne which was very good adapted.