By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Street Fighter IV will be released in all HD consoles and PC except for Wii

Onyxmeth said:
Bored4life said:
Onyxmeth said:
yushire said:
@mise sorry about the quoting thing. Anyway, do you really think that no fighting game can be released or developed on the Wii then because of SSBB? That will be bad for the demographic that likes fighting games if thats the case...
Traditional six button fighters like Street Fighter have a problem when it comes to porting on the Wii. The motion is too imprecise to substitute for button presses, the nunchuck + wiimote combo don't have enough available buttons to account for three kicks and three punches, plus you'll be required to play with an analog stick since the d-pad is out of finger range and that's a big no no in Street Fighter land. It would be necessary to buy a different controller option, which would be a Classic controller($20) or Hori Fighting Stick($40), which means Capcom will be relying on owners to have a controller that doesn't come standard with the Wii. It also means Capcom will have to support a Wiimote and nunchuck combo regardless of how bad it'll turn out, which will slaughter review scores, break the flow of the game, and will attract bad word of mouth from consumers dumb enough not to play it on a classic controller.

Why don't they try to bundle the classic controller with the game?

To be honest, they probably would get shot down by Nintendo if they tried. Just look at how strict Nintendo is with third party implementation of Miis. It wouldn't be a bad idea but I just don't see Capcom being allowed to do it.

@Leni-Street Fighter 4 can not work with motion control. Anyone familiar and halfway decent at the series would tell you the same thing. All six buttons needed are for punches and kicks(low/middle/high) which need to be done in rapid succession and cannot be mimiced through swipes, slashes, half circles or other motions the Wiimote might use to replace buttons with.

Why?Not once in this entire geneartion has Nintendo shut down anything of this sort.This is just a lame excuse.Capcom better give a good reason.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Around the Network

I am getting this game on my 360 even if is coming to my Wii, just for the online.
So, no loss for me.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Bobbuffalo said:
disolitude said:
Bobbuffalo said:
I know that these times are different but is obvious that Capcom doesn't look at the must succesful machines to launch their games. Street fighter 3 was never released on the Playstation 1 and Resident evil 4 was designed primarly for the Gamecube.

So they may never release a SF4 for the wii or they will much much later.

There is no way PS1 could run Street Fighter 3. It could barely run alpha. Saturn on the other hand...

Resident Evil 4 I am positive had some financial help from nintendo.

Capcom isn't as dumb as they look.

Yeah I know. They still released SFA3 on the PSOne which was very good adapted.

PS1 port is great and I play it all the time...but it still had smaller characters and some things compromised. Capcom made a Sega Saturn version as well with the 4 meg cart which was the proper Arcade experience. I'm sure that game sold nothing but they still did it because that was part of their vision.

This is why capcom tends to have more respect as a company than lets say...cashgrab EA.

shio said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
tabsina said:
At what point does next-gen become this gen?

Anywho.. PC/Wii combo wins again

But a PS3/Wii combo is better.=)

No it isn't, you lose dozens of PC exclusives that way.

Ok,im going let you think about that again. *waiting*

Yushire, can you stop f***ing trolling on the Wii, you seem like a little kid with no time other than to put down the Wii, SERIOUSLY, stop making this threads everyday, we know we aren't getting this title, no need to troll though.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
Leni said:
who cares??

also, the graphics and the game generally is nothing special....

so the graphics shoud be 'special'.. ? and 'the game generally is nothing special'..? well you can say this also about the upcoming Sould Calibur IV and Tekken 6 then, those graphics and games also aren't going to be 'special'.. actually, most games don't have 'special' graphics or are games that are comparable with many other games, so this is really nonsense.. there are only a handful of games with 'special' or hardware pushing graphics, and if the gameplay is like SFII, then quite frankly.. it will be special!   

''Hadouken!''

yushire said:
@mise sorry about the quoting thing. Anyway, do you really think that no fighting game can be released or developed on the Wii then because of SSBB? That will be bad for the demographic that likes fighting games if thats the case...

It's not your fault, but the fault of the board software. It's manageable when you're quoting a single message like this, but it's a pain to delete previous comments and quote boxes - sometimes they go, most of the time they don't. But I digress.

The controller design does pose a challenge for traditional, multi-button fighters since you'd either have to force the user to buy a GC/Classic controller, shoehorn some motion control stuff in, or redesign the controls (like Onyxmeth said). But I wouldn't go as far as to say that you can't make a standard, 1-on-1 fighter on the Wii. The Wii has it's share of core/niche gamers that would buy that stuff - SSF2 sells quite nicely on Virtual Console, IIRC - and no-one has to build their games around the 'Mote if they really don't want to. It's easier to make one for the HD systems because of the traditional control setup and better graphical capabilities, though.

While Brawl is in the same genre and will compete with fighters released on the Wii, it has less to do with Brawl and more to do with other things, such as the control setup, opinions about Nintendo, and the Wiis perceived Reta- er, "casual" demographic. Nintendo games are just a convenient excuse for 3rd parties to avoid making games for the Wii, IMO.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

it's really sad that because this game might not come to the Wii, people start saying that it won't be special, or good, and who cares and more of those nonsense stuff.. this is a very promising forth chapter of Street Fighter, Capcom has promised to deliver, and it's finally coming 10 years after III.. there really is no need to talk it down..

''Hadouken!''

Bored4life said:
Onyxmeth said:

To be honest, they probably would get shot down by Nintendo if they tried. Just look at how strict Nintendo is with third party implementation of Miis. It wouldn't be a bad idea but I just don't see Capcom being allowed to do it.

@Leni-Street Fighter 4 can not work with motion control. Anyone familiar and halfway decent at the series would tell you the same thing. All six buttons needed are for punches and kicks(low/middle/high) which need to be done in rapid succession and cannot be mimiced through swipes, slashes, half circles or other motions the Wiimote might use to replace buttons with.

Why?Not once in this entire geneartion has Nintendo shut down anything of this sort.This is just a lame excuse.Capcom better give a good reason.

Well let's pretend Capcom actually was considering this. They would have to account for how much the game would cost. Would Nintendo share in profits of the classic controllers bundled? Would Capcom have to buy them from Nintendo first? Would the game have to be over $50 with the bundled controller? If they still make it for $50, does that come out of Capcom's profit? There are a lot of variables for something as small as a controller add-on.

Not to mention I already stated how Nintendo is being very protective of which third parties get to implement Miis into their games, which is a similiar situation.

It sounds like a lot of hassle for a game like Street Fighter 4, which would be lucky to break a million on the Wii. There's also the additional reworking of the game to downsize it for the Wii. I don't see a very winning situation for Capcom if they go through with it, and I don't see a winning situation for Wii owners either if it comes out. One console cannot get evey game, and this happens to be one of those times when it just doesn't work to have this game on the Wii, the same way as it doesn't make sense for the 360 to get Boom Blox.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I'm not surprised by this at all. The three aforementioned platforms are able to provide an adequate online infrastructure for the game whereas the Wii comes up short in that department.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi