By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has the most loyal fanbase?

Yakuzaice said:

Nintendo, easily out of those three.

I'd say Apple has the worst fanboys I've seen for any company though.

Na, Apple just seems that way because the primary competing OS sucks so much. It's like the Wii vs the PS1. If everyone was saying how much better the PS1 was then the Wii, Nintendo fanboys would look just as bad.

An example is when you hear an OSX vs Linux discussion with an Apple fanboy. Those are a lot more civil.  

Around the Network

Nintendo

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

bbsin said:
There's only one type of fan in the world that will go out and buy a $600 dollar console that only came with one decent game. You guys should know the answer.

i think you have a point here, but yes and no.

the 12 million that have bought it so far (including me!) are loyal. but the 108 million people that had PS2's and don't have PS3's aren't exactly loyal.

Nintendo isn't that loyal either. considering it took major innovation, and $250 console to get people to buy it. Not many people bought Gamecubes.

M$ fans are somewhat loyal i guess, especially the ones that are on their third 360 due to RRoD.

MontanaHatchet said:
fazz said:
Sony. I mean, look at leo-j and such.

Ahem!

If we want to aim at the younger crowd, Leo-J is certainly beat.

That video is so funny! Never seen a kid so happy before... I just hope they bought two controllers or this would end with a fight of epic proportion.

OT : I'm gonna go with Nintendo just because they've been there for a long time.

Signature goes here!

bbsin said:
There's only one type of fan in the world that will go out and buy a $600 dollar console that only came with one decent game. You guys should know the answer.

I bet if PS4 only have Sony games will sell lower than the Gamecube.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
Yakuzaice said:

Nintendo, easily out of those three.

I'd say Apple has the worst fanboys I've seen for any company though.

Na, Apple just seems that way because the primary competing OS sucks so much. It's like the Wii vs the PS1. If everyone was saying how much better the PS1 was then the Wii, Nintendo fanboys would look just as bad.

An example is when you hear an OSX vs Linux discussion with an Apple fanboy. Those are a lot more civil.

Apple fanboys are civil but it's true that they are arrogant as hell. There even was a study that concluded that Apple consumers feel superior to others regarding their purchases. I experience it first-hand as my girlfriend, sister and boss all have macbooks. However, I have to admit that my girlfriend Macbook+XP parallels is much better than my Dell+Vista. God I hate Vista.

OT: Nintendo has the most loyal fanbase because a lot of them grew up with Mario and are still connected emotionally to Nintendo.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Nintendo, by far. It's natural, since they are the most established of the companies. Sony is a close second. Microsoft lacks the rabid fans due to being relative newcomers.

I would go with nintendo but so many people bashed the gamecube that were loyal to nintendo so ill have to go with microsoft

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

I don't think you can possibly fault the loyalty on any of our groups. Whether it's Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo; they must be doing something right to inspire that kind of loyalty. Even when the numbers say their console is in the toilet, they never lose faith, and I hope they never do. Otherwise we will have one sided and very boring threads.

PS: Check out my new signature, I love Photoshop

Nintendo well ahead of Sony with Microsoft last, dont expect that to change anytime soon.