By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has the most loyal fanbase?

i'd say american car owners, which usually splits into ford, GM and chrysler fanboys. they are the most loyal out of any group i've ever seen. just look at the vast majority of american cars made in 90s... you'd have to be very loyal (and atleast somewhat stupid) to buy that rubbish.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
ameratsu said:
i'd say american car owners, which usually splits into ford, GM and chrysler fanboys. they are the most loyal out of any group i've ever seen. just look at the vast majority of american cars made in 90s... you'd have to be very loyal (and atleast somewhat stupid) to buy that rubbish.

Ladies and gentleman e have a winner!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

StarcraftManiac said:
colonelstubbs said:
If Nintendos fans are sooooooo loyal, where were they when the N64 and Gamecube were released?

Playing on their Playstations perhaps...?

Eehrm, a 10-20 million people loyal fanbase is bigger then Sony'll ever have!

Nintendo's bottom is 20 million because that's the number of followers they got. The rest is all kids and smart/bad marketing... So the rest who then bought a PS2 are now buying a Wii and are the middleground who just choose the best-selling console (and the cheapest?!).

Would that 10-20 milion still be there if there was no Mario or Zelda? I mean. No amount of loyalty helped the virtual boy.

Sony fans are the only fans who would of bought a system like the PS3 most of last year.

I mean look at the Gamecube and the N64. What did they have? Some of the best games of their generations. N64 had some of the best games of all time!

What did the PS3 have? NOTHING until like Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted came out. Resistance was the best game... a game that likely would of been seen as mediocre on the 360. Franchises bailing left and right.

It still doesn't have and exclusive game in the 90s... and most multiplatform games are better on the 360. I mean, the "best" game on the PS3 is going to be bigger and better on the 360.

I mean... unless you really want an HD movie player, there was little reason to no reason to get a PS3.

That or you were overparanoid a 360 would explode.

The reasons to get one now are still pretty slim until MGS4 releases. (Which along with FF13 were rumored to be jumping the gap multi-platform, testing PS3 loyalty even more.)

I mean, not only was the 360 library better, and still is better. (will be debatle later this year.) It's cheaper! Yet PS3 is making a big comeback.

I would go with Sony fans, as the poster above me pointed out, you just need to look at the virtual boy to see how little loyal fans Nintendo has. The PS3 was ungodly expensive and look at all the people who bought it.

But i bought a launch PS3 in NA and don't consider myself a Sony fan, i just think Sony brought the best unit to the market this generation. I would of bought a 360 but i'm not going to pay to play online. And the wii is just something that is not fun for me to play.

Kasz216 said:
StarcraftManiac said:
colonelstubbs said:
If Nintendos fans are sooooooo loyal, where were they when the N64 and Gamecube were released?

Playing on their Playstations perhaps...?

Eehrm, a 10-20 million people loyal fanbase is bigger then Sony'll ever have!

Nintendo's bottom is 20 million because that's the number of followers they got. The rest is all kids and smart/bad marketing... So the rest who then bought a PS2 are now buying a Wii and are the middleground who just choose the best-selling console (and the cheapest?!).

I mean... unless you really want an HD movie player, there was little reason to no reason to get a PS3.

That or you were overparanoid a 360 would explode.

I came extremely close to buying an xbox 360 last year. there were 2 things that prevented me from pulling the trigger

- I refuse to pay for online play (unless it's a mmoprg)

-  I was paranoid my 360 would break. I know they are good about the warranty now, but this was before the warranty extension.

if microsoft wants me as a customer, they need to make live free. 

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

Regarding colonelstubbs vs. amp316:

You say 'OMG look at Gamecube vs. PS3' but REALLY you should look at the sequence. The SNES sold less (21% less) than the NES despite ultimately winning, due partly to a particularly long life cycle on the part of the NES but also to strong competition from the Genesis. N64 sold MUCH less (33%) than the SNES. Gamecube sold MUCH less (33% again) than the N64.

The PS3 will never sell any more than MUCH less than the PS2. Probably as much as 40-50% less. Since Nintendo's fall from domination was much slower than Sony's, I think it's probably impossible to decide empirically (based on the evidence available to us) which one has the most unswerving fanbase. What we're left with is opinion.

Now if we're talking about the most rabid fanbase ... this will really get flamed, so don't.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Nintendo. As I am still one of them. The fact is just that they aren't the loudest but you have whole groups that just buy Wii white and Wii Black and yet the Silver, golden, purple and other color cube. and have every generation of gameboy and up.

Which fanbase still has a huge following of retro consoles Nintendo where no one gives a crap about the psx anymore and by now hardly anyone can even play on an xbox because all they do is break :(

A good second is Sega because I still know enough people that play the Saturn and Dreamcast and rightfully so.

Predictions
I will win the internetz
Machina said:
How is it possible to tell? I want to say Nintendo but only because everyone here is saying Nintendo and gaming forums are currently dominated by Nintendo fans but that is such a huge generalisation so as to render my conclusion absolutely ridiculous.

I really don't know.

Are they?

I know there's different splits on different sites, but I didn't think there was one fanbase with considerablly more fans online then the other. (Except xbox fans, there never seems to be a majority of them.)

Sony

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

Fernando said:

Nintendo created characters that will last forever..

there you go, thats the mentality of every Nintendo fanboy, and they're very loyal about it and so much stubborn about it

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.