By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Congratulations MrStickball, and VG Chartz in General (mention by Kotaku)

Kotaku has a story up about how much PAA sold in it's first three days, citing this news post, by our very own MrStickball!

Penny Arcade Game Busts 3-Day Records

The first episode of Penny Arcade Adventures was the highest-grossing Xbox Live Arcade debut ever, earning $330,000 in its first three days, according to the stat-crunchers at VGChartz. The prior record-holder was Worms HD. In terms of units sold, On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness was the third-highest performer of 2008 - even with its higher price point.

As VGChartz's Benjamin Schlichter says:

What does this mean for the future of XBLA? Penny Arcade proved that a high priced game can sell well, and doesn't require the gamebe $5, or $10 to get a high number of sales in the first week. It also shows that Episodic Content has a place on XBLA, as PAA is the first of a series. And finally, it also satisifed the XBLA Market's desire for another RPG. PAA is a hybrid turn based, and action RPG (from my understanding). So these factors, as well as it's name brand contributed to the strong sales.

Penny Arcade's Mike "Gabe" Krahulik had something to say about it on the pair's site:

Given that our price point was double the other games on that list I'm pretty f***ing happy. We fully expected some people to complain about the $20 price tag but we honestly felt like our game was worth it. Pricing something like this is tricky. Obviously you have to look at the length of time it will take someone to complete the game but you also need to factor in the quality of the experience.

Linky

Congratulations!!!!

Around the Network

No one cares? ;_;

The more Vgchartz names we get out, the better. A lot of people already know about the site, but it's the staff that deserves the credit.

well done....having it mentioned on Kotaku will teach those NEO-GAF Loony's a lesson

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Hardly any complaints about citing VGChartz as well...though I suppose it's not a controversial topic for fanboys to flame about hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Well done mr stickball.

Great work mrstickball!!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Three huzzahs for notoriety!

Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Huzzah!

congratz mrstickball :)

The cool thing is that penny arcade also validates mrstickball's xbla sales figures: http://www.penny-arcade.com/2008/05/26/#news_22489