By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ON JUNE 11TH PLAYSTATION NATION IS GONNA BE SMILING WIDE....

Blue3, Sony does not have the kind of money to purchase SE on a whim...that's just not how the business works.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Blue3, Sony does not have the kind of money to purchase SE on a whim...that's just not how the business works.

just how much would a SE take over cost ?

one brazillion dollars!!!

At least $5B I would think. Way out of Sony's price range.

It isn't about the cost Blue. It's about the fact that if they bought SE, then SE would only make games for Sony platforms, and they would lose more money overall because they're structured as a multi-platform organization. It's the same reason Microsoft came out and said they wouldn't even consider buying out Take-Two.

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
naznatips said:
Blue3 said:
weezy said:
"Sony took over Squareenix ?"

like square would shoot themselfs in the foot.

they alreay did, and went to sony and begged them to buy their shares and save them from going under.

Dude your an idiot. 10% (and it's actually 8% btw, rounding up isn't really fair) gives them no say whatsoever over Square's marketing decisions. They would need 51% of the company to control any decisions, and consider the fact that last quarter SCE lost more money than Sony as a company actually made in the entire quarter, I don't think they can exactly afford to buy out SE rofl. Fanboy dreams hehe.

are you Blind ? i said they would need 51% to take control.

you think Sony has no money ? no reserves at all.

Oh you're right, through all of Sony's financial troubles, they would much rather spend all their money getting themselves one exclusive company rofl.  I'm sure Sony corporate loves the idea of spending their cash reserves to try and buy out the 3rd largest software seller in gaming (in other words, it would take a LOT of money) and devote the success of the entire corporate entity on Square Enix in the Playstation brand... rofl.  Man fanboys crack me up.

They probably could get it done for under 1.5 billion.

naznatips said:
Blue3 said:
naznatips said:
Blue3 said:
weezy said:

they alreay did, and went to sony and begged them to buy their shares and save them from going under.

Dude your an idiot. 10% (and it's actually 8% btw, rounding up isn't really fair) gives them no say whatsoever over Square's marketing decisions. They would need 51% of the company to control any decisions, and consider the fact that last quarter SCE lost more money than Sony as a company actually made in the entire quarter, I don't think they can exactly afford to buy out SE rofl. Fanboy dreams hehe.

Oh you're right, through all of Sony's financial troubles, they would much rather spend all their money getting themselves one exclusive company rofl. I'm sure Sony corporate loves the idea of spending their cash reserves to try and buy out the 3rd largest software seller in gaming (in other words, it would take a LOT of money) and devote the success of the entire corporate entity on Square Enix in the Playstation brand... rofl. Man fanboys crack me up.

not to smart are you.

Just try to think what ALL SE games being exclusive would mean to the succes of the PSP and PS3.

Look I'm not gonna pretend I know SE's net worth, but their anual revenue is over 500 million bucks, so the chances of the whole company selling 43% of it's shares for under 1.5 billion are incredibly low.

Blue3 said:
naznatips said:
Blue3 said:
naznatips said:
Blue3 said:
weezy said:

Oh you're right, through all of Sony's financial troubles, they would much rather spend all their money getting themselves one exclusive company rofl. I'm sure Sony corporate loves the idea of spending their cash reserves to try and buy out the 3rd largest software seller in gaming (in other words, it would take a LOT of money) and devote the success of the entire corporate entity on Square Enix in the Playstation brand... rofl. Man fanboys crack me up.

not to smart are you.

Just try to think what ALL SE games being exclusive would mean to the succes of the PSP and PS3.

Yeah, all those amazingly successful games like FFXII /sarcasm