By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo's Ability to Move On

You could always throw them an email haha. Considering Nintendo's good customer service, I'm sure they'll listen and give you whatever you want hehe :p

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

A few things. http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/business/16558272.htm

In a separate survey commissioned by Circuit City Stores Inc., almost twice as many consumers said they’d rather watch the Super Bowl on a high-definition TV than see it in person at the stadium where it’s being played – 48 percent to 26 percent. Circuit City’s survey also found that 51 percent of respondents said they don’t have an HDTV but want one. And 34 percent said they plan to buy one within the next year. The poll of more than 4,500 men and women was conducted by Decision Analyst Inc., an independent research firm in Arlington, Texas.
that means 49% have a HDTV. and 34% more plan to buy one in the next year. Meaning by the end of 2007, that number will be 83% who have HDTV. :) Meaning before the Good Wii games come, HDTV, will be the dominant TV. At least in america. HDTV has been there in Japan for... alot longer. ;)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said: A few things. http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/business/16558272.htm In a separate survey commissioned by Circuit City Stores Inc., almost twice as many consumers said they’d rather watch the Super Bowl on a high-definition TV than see it in person at the stadium where it’s being played – 48 percent to 26 percent. Circuit City’s survey also found that 51 percent of respondents said they don’t have an HDTV but want one. And 34 percent said they plan to buy one within the next year. The poll of more than 4,500 men and women was conducted by Decision Analyst Inc., an independent research firm in Arlington, Texas. that means 49% have a HDTV. and 34% more plan to buy one in the next year. Meaning by the end of 2007, that number will be 83% who have HDTV. :) Meaning before the Good Wii games come, HDTV, will be the dominant TV. At least in america. HDTV has been there in Japan for... alot longer. ;)
Are you high?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

He is high, I think. I don't think you would see Grandma trolling around Circuit City and just answering random surveys(that is, we don't know the make up of the survey and how it was done i.e. was the sample random?). Damn, I actually thought Kwaad was at least reasonable but him claiming the HD penetration rate is at 49%? Wow, just wow. It needs to be repeated so here ya go:

that means 49% have a HDTV. and 34% more plan to buy one in the next year.

yeah that has to be way off. but even so... umm...so? what does that have to do with anything? Are you implying that you can't play a Wii on an HDTV? Cause I've got a little secret that I've been trying to hide til now... You can play Wii on an HDTV, and you won't die. It's probably the best way to play anyway. I play bowling on a 50 inch widescreen, and I can see the aliasing and whatnot, but I don't care. There are times when I think, "Oh...they could have made this look better," and then there's times where I say, "Oh, I don't care cause this is fun." Anyway, a lot of Wii games are going to be simple, crisp looking games ala WarioWare or Cooking Mama that translate well onto an HDTV, and other games won't look that bad. I don't think anybody would rather have an old tv instead of an HDTV...it's just a matter of affording one still. You guys weren't griping when you played Halo 2 on an HDTV...even though I think we all agree that it looks horrible sometimes...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

That's one fud'ged up survey. Of course a lot of us would prefer to go watch the Super Bowl in HDTV rather than be there ourselves, and probably close to the same amount of people would still be making the same choice if it was an SDTV, option, but something tells me that they neglected it or simply didn't report it. :p (or the survey was playing on words) Yeah, a lot of us want HDTV's too, but are unwilling to pay the bigger prices over SDTV's, especially if we don't need to (like the fact that our current TV's work fine?) It's unlikely my own household will get an HDTV before 2010, my personal 27" Panasonic TV I got 2 years ago, I don't see any need to replace it while it works. edit : typo

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Kwaad said: A few things. http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/business/16558272.htm In a separate survey commissioned by Circuit City Stores Inc., almost twice as many consumers said they’d rather watch the Super Bowl on a high-definition TV than see it in person at the stadium where it’s being played – 48 percent to 26 percent. Circuit City’s survey also found that 51 percent of respondents said they don’t have an HDTV but want one. And 34 percent said they plan to buy one within the next year. The poll of more than 4,500 men and women was conducted by Decision Analyst Inc., an independent research firm in Arlington, Texas. that means 49% have a HDTV. and 34% more plan to buy one in the next year. Meaning by the end of 2007, that number will be 83% who have HDTV. :) Meaning before the Good Wii games come, HDTV, will be the dominant TV. At least in america. HDTV has been there in Japan for... alot longer. ;)
No no no ... this means that 51% don't have one (and/or don't plan on buying one) and 34% have one... 51+34=85% so the ones that have one right now are the 15% :D

Uhm....

gamingdevil said: No no no ... this means that 51% don't have one (and/or don't plan on buying one) and 34% have one... 51+34=85% so the ones that have one right now are the 15% :D
I don't get it. 0,o

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

lol my mistake... 51% dont have and don't plan on getting one and 34% don't have one but plan on getting one... so 15% have one right now and 34% are planning to buy one... 51% is just not interested on having one. Better now?? :D

gamingdevil said: lol my mistake... 51% dont have and don't plan on getting one and 34% don't have one but plan on getting one... so 15% have one right now and 34% are planning to buy one... 51% is just not interested on having one. Better now?? :D
This is what I thought the survey was saying, and I think 15% HD penetration is pretty close to the real world figure. But I still have no clue how Kwaad came up with 49% of people owning HD sets

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"