By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: 127 million PS2 sold by the end of 2007.

Perhaps you should read the rest of the thread your modship I would doubt there are more than 3 million for shelf stock, because despite being on shelves all over the world they won't be in huge numbers apart from USA/Europe. say 1-2 million will be unaccounted for from this site due to them being in the middle of Africa or somewhere untrackable. The remaining 7-8 million will be the replacements Sony shipped before March 07 (most of which will have been free replacements for early models)

Around the Network

I hate it when I give an explantion and the guy doesn't at least reply.

Well thats one heck of a number :D 130 million LT is certain at this point ... where will it stop ?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

PS2 sales, its soo last gen, and lets face it, unless vgchartz numbers had the XBOX or GC ahead of the PS2, no one is being misled as to who the clear winner of the 6th gen was!

TWRoO said:
I hate it when I give an explantion and the guy doesn't at least reply.

I dont normally come back to these types of threads after a post or two....

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

the Playstation 2 slaughtered the competition. I wouldn't be surprised if it hit 140 (or 150) million by the time sony stops manufacturing it.

Manufactured =/= shipped, shipped =/= sold to customers.
Free replacements =/= sold to customers, but sony counts them, so theres no way in hell some1 could really know what the number is, except for sony.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Attention all

1.  Sony changed their reporting method last year form units manufactored to units sold to retail.
  a.  This means non-refurbished replacement units, retail demo units, developer units, media compensation units, internal units, exhibition display units,   etc... would be tabulated in their figures.

2.  PS2 global proliferation versus VGChartz global tracking.
  a.   The PS2 is sold is more locations than VGC is tracking.   It's simply not possible with current VGC funding to track every market on the planet.  Not even major mulit-million dollar organizations are doing this so give VGC a break.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

^not my intention to put the site down on this dude, it just caught my attention and I think it's been overlooked, and as I already said, it looks bad. But whatever, let the owner have it his way posting crap.

Magnific0 said:
^not my intention to put the site down on this dude, it just caught my attention and I think it's been overlooked, and as I already said, it looks bad. But whatever, let the owner have it his way posting crap.

Who the hell is forcing you to read this "crap"? Leave the site if you dont like it, there's no need to call it a crap site, since I've seen you around quite enough. Your fanboy inside tells you this site is crap cause you're not seeing the numbers you want to.

Really sad to have people like you inside this community.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies