By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 to have 90 minute long cutscenes?

Originally from PSW, by way of CVG:

CVG wrote:
We know the Metal Gear Solid series is famous for its long cut-scenes, but this tops everything! Metal Gear Solid 4, the latest instalment in Hideo Kojima's seminal stealth series, has cut-scenes (note the plural) that approach the 90 minutes mark. For those troubled with time keeping, that's the length of a feature film.
CVG wrote:
The news comes from PSW magazine, who's been and finished MGS4, and then promptly whispered in our ears about the shocking 90-minute cut-scenes. The latest issue hits newsstands today, by the way.

CVG wrote:
We were expecting long story sequences (MGS2 approached the 45 minute mark in one) but an hour and a half of cinematics was unexpected.

The good news is that you can now skip or pause the scenes. Hands up though, how many of you are actually going to sit through the full 90 minutes?

CVG wrote:
"MGS4's story is massive. The videogame equivalent of all three Godfather movies on one disc," says the mag.

"As you'd expect, you'll spend a lot of time watching cut-scenes, so if you found previous games' story exposition laborious, then you'd better find yourself a nice cushion and plenty of teabags in readiness for MGS4's.

"They can be skipped, but you'll be missing out on some of the finally crafted examples of FMV footage anywhere in gaming," the article boldly proclaims.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189543

------

Holy shiiiiiiit....

Now that seems a bit much o_O

Around the Network

Turn off your controller to save batteries :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

WHO CARES! Its the last time its gonna be like that so....I'm happy with it:

Only 20 Days to go till I feel we will see the death of one of gaming's greatest & most prolific franchises....however out of the ashes of MGS4...the legend will rise. The game will be remembered for years to come!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Just when I was starting to think this game looked pretty cool, I'm reminded of why I could never get into MGS in the first place.

Now, I don't want to miss out on important plot points or anything, but there's no way in hell I would sit through multiple feature film length cutscenes.

That said, I'm dusting off MGS3 and giving it another go tomorrow. I really want to like it :)

sounds even more stunning by the day. i bet its like a hollywood blockbuster

deffo goty and only on ps3

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Hopefully all of these cutscenes will be full of EPIC. I won't mind watching them entirely then.

That is quite silly, a least you can pause them

i'm sure reviewers would have mentioned it if it were true.

A 90min long cut-scene... And i thought FF was bad sometimes lol!

Squall_Leonhart said:
A 90min long cut-scene... And i thought FF was bad sometimes lol!

I remember just leaving one cut scene in FF X running while I went out, it was still going like an hour later... Though i did miss quite a lot of the story