By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 to have 90 minute long cutscenes?

Heh, I guess this is what Blu Ray is for :)

Around the Network

@Darth

not really, Kojima is already thinking about MGS5 lol.

Awesome! That sounds epic, but of course, for some people it won't be, if they have little time, or just prefer the simple shoot'em up. Cutscenes rule, it's sad that many people haven't understood that. Of course, it is the world there is something wrong with, because I couldn't possibly be wrong.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Wow, 90 minutes is nuts. Maybe if we're lucky they'll have tl:dr versions for those of us that would rather have everything summed up in five minutes. Oh I know, they could talk in fast squeaky voices and move at super high speed. :3

CIHYFS?

Okay, that settles it. Kojima just needs to go off and make movies and or TV programs. Games are to be played not watched. Can this really be true? I mean one 90 minute cutscene is inexcusable. More than one is criminal. I really hope this is some sort of exaggeration.

Around the Network

I hate long cutscenes, this game turns me of more and more each day. Too bad considering it's one of the big PS3 exclusives. I'm probably not going to buy it, but I'll have to wait until I have read some more reviews.
You never know, I never planned to buy GTA IV either and that turned out to be brilliant!

Darc Requiem said:
Okay, that settles it. Kojima just needs to go off and make movies and or TV programs. Games are to be played not watched. Can this really be true? I mean one 90 minute cutscene is inexcusable. More than one is criminal. I really hope this is some sort of exaggeration.

Stop trying to enforce your opinion on what a game should be. IMO this is the best news to come out of MGS4 reviews so far, and IMO we need more games like this that are full out interactive movies.

aaah nice i like cut scenes and you can move your camera around in the cut scene as well. At least i read something about that.

DTG said:
Darc Requiem said:

Stop trying to enforce your opinion on what a game should be. IMO this is the best news to come out of MGS4 reviews so far, and IMO we need more games like this that are full out interactive movies.

I will express my opinion whenever I feel like it as often as I feel like it. You don't like it? Ignore my posts. 

can you save your "game" in the middle of a movie?..