By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Italian review calls MGS4 ending epilogue 1 hour long "mindf**k" like MGS2

I've stated my opinion on this too many times already. About half the people on this forum could probably summarize my opinion of MGS2.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

The cutscenes are really engaging, you just need to like the story.

Why would anyone say the cutscenes are boring if they never got into the story in the first place

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

@Rocketpig

I know of your famous MGS2 opinion.....I am merely stating my opinion which is mirrored by many BTW

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

oh if its gamefaq users reporting then i am "sure" this is true

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
DTG said:

The theme deals with the issue of free will vs. forced control.

I *hate* that discussion because I'm so sick of it. If that's in the game, i'm pretty unlikely to play it, because MGS should not pretend to take itself seriously.

Only 20 Days to go till I feel we will see the death of one of gamings greatest & most prolific franchises....however out of the ashes of MGS4...the legend will rise. The game will be remembered for years to come!

Er, they said MGS 5 will be released, d00d. They're planning on releasing lots more MGS games.  Sequels may not include Solid Snake, but that doesn't rule out prequels including him.

Around the Network

Well this sounds excellent. Better not be tired when I complete the game though =P I just hope they haven't taken too much philosophical stuff at the cost of real story.

Zkuq said:
Well this sounds excellent. Better not be tired when I complete the game though =P I just hope they haven't taken too much philosophical stuff at the cost of real story.

The problem with the philosophical stuff is that you've already heard it all at college, and you've already taken your side and/or no longer give a shit.  So when they tread it all out, you just want it to end because it is obnoxious.  There's nothing new, of course. 

TheBigFatJ said:
DTG said:

The theme deals with the issue of free will vs. forced control.

I *hate* that discussion because I'm so sick of it. If that's in the game, i'm pretty unlikely to play it, because MGS should not pretend to take itself seriously.

Only 20 Days to go till I feel we will see the death of one of gamings greatest & most prolific franchises....however out of the ashes of MGS4...the legend will rise. The game will be remembered for years to come!

Er, they said MGS 5 will be released, d00d. They're planning on releasing lots more MGS games. Sequels may not include Solid Snake, but that doesn't rule out prequels including him.

MGS is a serious series. It transcends modern gaming, being something on level with literary and cinematics greats when it comes to it's layered storytelling and deeply profound thematic exploration.

DTG said:

MGS is a serious series. It transcends modern gaming, being something on level with literary and cinematics greats when it comes to it's layered storytelling and deeply profound thematic exploration.

Wow, just wow ...

If you think that Metal Gear Solid is on the level of literary greats you really have to start reading, and I don't mean the Star Wars novels you have been reading so far. Metal Gear Solid are entertaining games but their writing is on par with third rate action movies like Transformers.

HappySqurriel said:
DTG said:

Wow, just wow ...

If you think that Metal Gear Solid is on the level of literary greats you really have to start reading, and I don't mean the Star Wars novels you have been reading so far. Metal Gear Solid are entertaining games but their writing is on par with third rate action movies like Transformers.

I've read Dovstojevski, Neitzche, Kant and from many other European famous writers but only very few compare to the breakthrough MGS2. I consider SoL to be one of the greatest creative achievements of the past century.