By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Italian review calls MGS4 ending epilogue 1 hour long "mindf**k" like MGS2

Sweeeeet, look forward to it.

Around the Network

Kojima is even more crap than Michael Bay.
I still stand by this.This sounds even worse than MGS2.
This guy hasn't made a single decent game since Policenauts.
Look at the trailer for MGS4.3 contradictions already.
I just wish Uwe Boll calls him out for a boxing match for denying him the rights to the Metal gear solid movie.
This guy needs to have his face smashed in.

I feel sorry for Suda51 for their next project together.Kojima will drag him down.
Even if the game comes out good, all credit goes to Suda.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

DTG said:
rocketpig said:
MrOuija_AK said:
Southland Tales' real plot was far too complex and layered for your average viewer, and they edited the shit out of the theatrical release in order to obtain some mainstream tickets. You really can't understand it unless you read all the supplemental things such as the comic books. Just like Donnie Darko (pre-Director's Cut) relied heavily on exploring the Donnie Darko website. Not everyone like's this style, but at least Richard Kelly is doing something different.

As for the comparison to MGS? MGS really isn't that complex and thought-provoking. I love the story, I love the games, but it's rather simple. It's just done in a confusing and convoluted manner which gives the illusion of depth. Very similar to say Final Fantasy 7 (again, a game I love), there isn't any underlying metaphoric amazing insights into humanity hiding there, it's just confusing.

True, but the schlock nature of both pieces, along with their convoluted plots, reminded me of each other.

The key difference being that, on some level, I actually enjoyed Southland Tales for its ridiculous quirks while people seem to take MGS way too seriously. Nary a thread goes by when someone doesn't name-drop Nietzsche and/or post-moderism (yawns) when talking about the game.

But perhaps instead of immediately dismissing people who make such comments, you could simply respect it as their own opinions and leave it at that. If you're willing to concede that you're opinions don't constitute a universal truth you should be able to accept and acknowledge others having differing opinions from your own.

There is a difference between respecting someones opinion that margarine is better then butter.... and respecting someones opinion that the world was created by John Stamos and everytime he blinks everyone else ceases to exist for a moment.  One should be expected... the other shouldn't.

Guess which one comparing MGS favorably to philisophy and literature is closer to.

PS360ForTheWin said:
An hour long? thats pretty long, i hope its a good as indicated, otherwise it will waste valuable gameplay time.

Valuable gameplay time? Hardly anyone plays MGS for the gameplay, it's heralded for its storyline.

@ DTG - i played MGS for both gameplay and the story, i dont mind the cutscenes, but i think some last too long.

Around the Network

Ok guys let's start the bonfire... I got the lighter fluid! Who's gonna be the firewood?

I think Warcraft novels are comparable to Homers Epics as far as a literary standpoint goes.