By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BioShock on PS3 Confirmed

well grafix on bioshock was really good, but simply not my kind of game, im sure a lot of ps3 owners will purchase bioshock on ps3 and it will surely be an enhanced over the 360 version, but i doubt it will get 10`s across the board as the 360 version did.

you will find usual dribble like "ah well.... its been out for a year, its not the same as it was back then....blah blah blah"

if it doesnt score the same as 360 version, that would prove thier bias!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Considering the clamoring for this game its not surprising honestly.

For those who haven't played it yet you're in for a treat (not quite as good as some have claimed, but a good game still).

Edit: No official confirmation yet, but its a solid enough source for now. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

Personally do not care....holidays are already packed..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I would expect a poor port a la Orange Box.

mesoteto said:
starcraft said:
mesoteto said:
ok sony you have a chance to get this right as long as you fix the horrible splash effects and the constant texture pop in...please for the games sake
The splash effects I didn't mind. I got the occassional frame-rate drop, but in two playthroughs of this game I haven't got texture pop-in once that I can recall.

happened to me all the time, i perfered teh wrench and would run up on splicers all the time that were still "getting dressed" in textures and the splash that bothered me was near the begining by the plane crash, everything is great then i look over at the sinking tail and my jaw dropped... you also run into it again when teh preassure door buckles

but other then that i loved teh game, i was good teh first time threw, and very bad the next

That never happened to me... I saw that on MAss Effect Tought.. 

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

I think this is great as I was only able to try the game (don't have 360 yet)... but thanks a lot for the "it's never coming" Take 2 always said after rumors came...

I think it's going to be a great expirience even tough everyone knows the "would you kindly?" twist and that the endings suck... I really hope we don't have to have a 3-4 GB mandatory install because that would pissi me off

mesoteto said:
starcraft said:
mesoteto said:
ok sony you have a chance to get this right as long as you fix the horrible splash effects and the constant texture pop in...please for the games sake
The splash effects I didn't mind. I got the occassional frame-rate drop, but in two playthroughs of this game I haven't got texture pop-in once that I can recall.

happened to me all the time, i perfered teh wrench and would run up on splicers all the time that were still "getting dressed" in textures and the splash that bothered me was near the begining by the plane crash, everything is great then i look over at the sinking tail and my jaw dropped... you also run into it again when teh preassure door buckles

but other then that i loved teh game, i was good teh first time threw, and very bad the next

Same here, except i didn't get it ALL the time but the pop ins kinda reminded me of Mass Effect, UT3 and Gears..... but then again, Bioshock IS a UE3 game. Also, I played bioshock with a pretty powerful PC at the time, don't know how the 360 version was but there were no frame drops and the water effects were fantasic (DX10) on PC.

Magnific0 said:
I would expect a poor port a la Orange Box.

The reason for the poor port of The Orange Box, is they had to port the engine. BioShock runs on an already established engine on the PS3.

It will be a solid port.

I personally don't care so much, as I have finished the game, and have no desire to play it again. What I do love about this however, is it guarantees that BioShock 2 will be on the PS3.

And the X360 owners will probably get Haze....Talking about a good deal...

Its about time that this is confirmed!

I'm with darth here in hoping for an Oblivion type port for the PS3