By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Square has 'a lineup' of Xbox 360 titles in the works

Squall_Leonhart said:
@Neo

You claim that SE are milking the FF cow to the extreme, well so are Nintendo with their games (to a much, much worse degree) but people still buy those games also...

As long as people keep buying them, they will be made! I personally loved FFVIII and X so would disagree that the series should have been stopped with the faaaar over-rated VII!

Agreed. My only issue with SE "milking the franchise" is that they keep doing remakes. I wouldn't mind remakes of FF7 onwards, BUT when they keep remaking I, II, IV, V and VI it becomes excessive, it's gotten so bad that I don't even want to buy the re-releases (except VI on the DS). What's the point if the remade "definitive" version isn't going to be that because you know there'll be a remake down the track.

On Topic:

This isn't a bad business move by SE.

What many fail to realise is that while Mistwalker was trying to crack Japan for the 360, SE is trying to expose 360 owners to JRPG's (which it already did with the huge popularity of FF in english language countries). That's why SE will succeed (if they make good games) on the 360, because it knows that the target is english language countries and it's succeeded in doing so for quite some time now. 

Around the Network
CAL4M1TY said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
@Neo

You claim that SE are milking the FF cow to the extreme, well so are Nintendo with their games (to a much, much worse degree) but people still buy those games also...

As long as people keep buying them, they will be made! I personally loved FFVIII and X so would disagree that the series should have been stopped with the faaaar over-rated VII!

Agreed. My only issue with SE "milking the franchise" is that they keep doing remakes. I wouldn't mind remakes of FF7 onwards, BUT when they keep remaking I, II, IV, V and VI it becomes excessive, it's gotten so bad that I don't even want to buy the re-releases (except VI on the DS). What's the point if the remade "definitive" version isn't going to be that because you know there'll be a remake down the track. 

You don't make sense CAL4M1TY; you say you wouldn't mind remakes of FFVII and onwards, but why the hell would you rather have remakes of PSX and PS2 FF's instead of NES and SNES FF's? They whole point of remakes is bringing something from the past back to life, and those NES ands SNES rpgs are much more from the past than those Playstation rpgs that we have 'just' played. I got the feeling, when I read your post, that you actually haven't even played those older FF's, and that makes your comment even more strange, 'cause you should rather want those game remade than the FF's we just played a couple of years ago. It's like rather wanting a remake of Dragon Quest VII instead of IV or V.. strange.. plus you're actually completely wrong when you say that they keep remaking those old FF's 'cause you confuse re-releases with remakes.. which are something else.. and calling FFVII faaaaaaar over-rated Squall is just crazy; the Japanese love it (look at the Famitsu readers poll of their greatest games over the last years), the GameFAQs members love it (this biggest gaming community choose it as their greatest game off all time), and GameSpot listed it is as one of their greatest games of all time; what does that say? you will probably say not much, but If you're right many and that's really many gamers just don't get it at all do they, from the east to the west, from the north to the south.. but you of course, do get it.. sure..

''Hadouken!''

they probably have to do more multi-platform titles with ps3 not being that strong in japan and having high development costs for these big rpgs

also capcom has been pretty successful on the 360, and that proved japanese devs could succeed on it

360 has Mistwalker and SE. Although I favour Mistwalker at the mo.

Ajax said:
CAL4M1TY said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
@Neo

You don't make sense CAL4M1TY; you say you wouldn't mind remakes of FFVII and onwards, but why the hell would you rather have remakes of PSX and PS2 FF's instead of NES and SNES FF's? They whole point of remakes is bringing something from the past back to life, and those NES ands SNES rpgs are much more from the past than those Playstation rpgs that we have 'just' played. I got the feeling, when I read your post, that you actually haven't even played those older FF's, and that makes your comment even more strange, 'cause you should rather want those game remade than the FF's we just played a couple of years ago. It's like rather wanting a remake of Dragon Quest VII instead of IV or V.. strange.. plus you're actually completely wrong when you say that they keep remaking those old FF's 'cause you confuse re-releases with remakes.. which are something else.. and calling FFVII faaaaaaar over-rated Squall is just crazy; the Japanese love it (look at the Famitsu readers poll of their greatest games over the last years), the GameFAQs members love it (this biggest gaming community choose it as their greatest game off all time), and GameSpot listed it is as one of their greatest games of all time; what does that say? you will probably say not much, but If you're right many and that's really many gamers just don't get it at all do they, from the east to the west, from the north to the south.. but you of course, do get it.. sure.

You should really start paragraphing :x

Anyway, what he's saying is that Square just keep making new remakes of all the old Final Fantasys a few years later, so when you've playedthe first remake, suddenly a new one comes along.

And to be honest, the only thing you've proven is that FF7 is highly praised. You haven't proven anything that suggests that it isn't overrated. The point about something being overrated is that it gets lots of praise and love even though it really doesn't deserve that much attention.

Around the Network
mr_gappy said:
well no doubt the 360 will get the bad square enix titles like that project slypheed(awful game), as for them getting final fantasy 13 not a chance i dont think sony will give up the exclusiveness of ff13 and ff veruses 13

i doubt they will either, but it would be good to see some more rpg`s on xbox, they come down in price really quickly

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

@Neo-Ratt

Your spewing out BS

Check out GAMERANKINGS

FF12 is the most critically acclaimed FF game....

atleast it didn't FAIL miserably like MK WII reviewers wise

so in that sense NINTY is milking out their franchises to a worse degree..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@Neo-Ratt

Your spewing out BS

Check out GAMERANKINGS

FF12 is the most critically acclaimed FF game....

atleast it didn't FAIL miserably like MK WII reviewers wise

so in that sense NINTY is milking out their franchises to a worse degree..
Actually, that title goes to FF6, though FFXII is not far behind

Yeah, maybe if this was the Square of the SNES and PS1 days this would be something. The Square that threw their hat into many arenas. The Square that seemed to have a game in every genre, alot of them games being pretty good too.

Atlus and Level 5 have been drinking SE's milkshake for a while now anyways. But since gaming is a popularity contest these days, I guess getting SE on your platform is the more attractive prospect.

@Riachu

FF6 completely pwns the living hell out of FF12 imo....but yeah I overlooked that gamerankings thing

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey