By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Square has 'a lineup' of Xbox 360 titles in the works

ArtznCraphs said:
Yeah, maybe if this was the Square of the SNES and PS1 days this would be something. The Square that threw their hat into many arenas. The Square that seemed to have a game in every genre, alot of them games being pretty good too.

Atlus and Level 5 have been drinking SE's milkshake for a while now anyways. But since gaming is a popularity contest these days, I guess getting SE on your platform is the more attractive prospect.

That's because Atlus is still a niche company and we are not completely sure how popular Level 5 are though they do seem to be famous in  Japan from what I can tell.  Square Enix on the other hand, are very well known, even to more mainstream gamers

Around the Network
Riachu said:
ArtznCraphs said:
Yeah, maybe if this was the Square of the SNES and PS1 days this would be something. The Square that threw their hat into many arenas. The Square that seemed to have a game in every genre, alot of them games being pretty good too.

Atlus and Level 5 have been drinking SE's milkshake for a while now anyways. But since gaming is a popularity contest these days, I guess getting SE on your platform is the more attractive prospect.

That's because Atlus is still a niche company and we are not completely sure how popular Level 5 are though they do seem to be famous in  Japan from what I can tell.  Square Enix on the other hand, are very well known, even to more mainstream gamers

Yeah, basically

And from a business standpoint this is smart.

But as a gamer I can't help but see it as an insincere grab for popularity points by MS (if they indeed politicked to have SE make games for their platform).  Unless they are going to make a serious effort in coaxing SquareEnix to put their full effort and heart into games on the Box, I don't see this as very meaningful.