By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Square has 'a lineup' of Xbox 360 titles in the works

Oh BTW, Square Enix has 'lineup' of Xbox 360 titles 2 Comments by Christopher Grant May 21st 2008 7:26PM Filed under: Microsoft Xbox 360, RPGs Remember, oh ... an hour or so ago, when Square Enix announced a release date for Unfinite Indiscovery (or whatever it's called)? Spencer at Siliconera – or ol' eagle eyes, as we like to call him – spotted an interesting phrase in the accompanying press release, referring to IU as "the first in a completely new lineup of Square Enix titles for Xbox 360." Is that so? Since it's a "new" lineup, we're pretty sure that the multiplatform Last Remnant would be included in there; however, we're quite certain that – in the ancient and often unknowable language of PR speak – a "lineup" could be as few as two titles so there may be nothing more to see here. Regardless, they did say "new lineup" so if you must speculate – and we know you must – let's save the "Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360 confirmed" diatribes for another day, hmm? ___________________________________________________________________________________________ I think it's interesting and indicative of Microsoft's effective move to broaden its' market. Square has announced more 360 games (EDIT: LATELY) than they have for ANY other platform. I can't wait to see where this goes. EDIT: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/21/oh-btw-square-enix-has-lineup-of-xbox-360-titles/ hehe, usually when you copy Joystiq articles, all the links and pictures come with it

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

linky!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

They must really hate making console games that sell a lot if they're doing this.

They say that the wii, and ps3 are their main consoles, then they give alot of games to the 360. Weird? Maybe they are waiting to anounce their pswii games.

A link will really help out.

And if this is true expect Xbox 360 getting another wave of RPG goodness :D

Around the Network

ANY other platform? Expand on that. Are we includig about Final Fantasy 11 and its expansion packs for the 360 Square-Enix lineup? What about the DS and PSP? I haven't kept a count, but they have announced quite a few of their games to be on the PS3 and Wii too.

Heres the Kotaku link to the official press release:
http://kotaku.com/5010293/infinite-undiscovery-finds-release

I wonder if 360 owners are willing to play SE games

Wow this is some bad interpretation. The sentence they are getting this from states:

The first in a completely new lineup of Square Enix titles for Xbox 360,...

From the Kotaku link. This is stating that this is the first game of its series. Yes it's stated in a weird way but that is what it's stating. If you read it over a few times you will notice that. I'm not trying to be the bringer of bad news but nowhere here does it imply that more games are being made by Square for the 360 as this would suggest. I'm not saying it's not possible but not this line folks.

@Montana: I meant they'd announced more 360 games lately (and I said consoles), and I just thought that was interesting.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."