By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Dragon Quest IX - 15 Mil?

Well, it could very well reach 5 million units in Japan but I don´t think it´s going to become that popular in the US and Europe. I´ll definitely give the game a try, though.

Around the Network

No I think it will sell around 5 - 7 million units.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

i dont think it can reach that high

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

15 million lol.. :P

''Hadouken!''

Yeah, I think 5 million is kinda guaranteed, I can even see it climbing to 10 million, but 15 seems too high a goal to me.. Mainly because Dragon Quest isn't that big outside of Japan.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Since when have rpg's been classed as Hardcore games. God damb what kind of games do casuals buy then, soon Mario is going to be to hardcore is the casual gamer only interested in wiifit or something

obieslut said:
Since when have rpg's been classed as Hardcore games. God damb what kind of games do casuals buy then, soon Mario is going to be to hardcore is the casual gamer only interested in wiifit or something

Last time I checked, RPGs were far from casual, and Mario was pretty much both casual and non-casual.

RPGs have always been hardcore, only the biggest nerds play them. It wasn't until the Playstation generation and Final Fantasy 7 came along that non-nerds played them. And even now that effect is slowly wearing away.

Then Pokemon is hardcore, and the best selling hardcore franchise too?

OT: I think 8 - 10 millions, this will be my first DQ game

MANUELF said:
Then Pokemon is hardcore, and the best selling hardcore franchise too?

OT: I think 8 - 10 millions, this will be my first DQ game

I'd say a good portion of Pokemon players are hardcore nerds.  I mean there are people who hatch pokemon babies till they ge the exact right stat sets with the right egg move... which can take days.  

I mean... the stuff some of these guys do.  Ohh man.