By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is *YOUR* favorite game of all time?

Whats your favorite? air or water
How about a few Favorites

old school-
galaga

8 bit-
Blaster Master, Metroid, Mario 2 and 3, Rastan- Arcade (played this so much a beat it in a quarter once)

16 bit-
Super Metroid, Stryder, S. Ghouls and Ghosts, Magician Lord, Yoshi Island, Mario World

32-64bit-
Soul Reaver, MDK2, Jet Force Jemini, FFVII, Odd World, SOTN, Silent Hill

Last Gen-
Ico, Shadow of the Colosus, Prime 1, Wind Waker, RE4

Current-
Bioshock, Gears, Drakes, Galaxy

Around the Network

Diablo II + xpac

Civilization
and
Secret of the Monkey Island.

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?

So many lame-asses going for their avatar representation (looks at Montana and giggles).

For me, it's Half-Life and all of the things that spawned from its greatness. IMO, no game other than Super Mario Bros. has had the same impact on the industry. Since I'm not 11 anymore and I don't hate the establishment as a sign of rebellion, I have to go with Valve on this one.

BTW, I am intentionally ignoring Will Wright and Sid Meier right now. Those dirty motherfuckers ate too much of my time to ever get recognition for anything. Bastards.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Super Metroid
3. Super Mario Bros 3

@Rocketpig: Yeah, if I thought about it too much, I might have to put Sim City 4 on this list. Too many nights saying "let's just build this highway and lay this track of subway and make sure it gets traffic and oh wait, let's do this You Drive It mission, and..." then noticing the damn sun is coming up. Damn Will Wright and his Urban-Planning-dissertation-as-game...

He's going to do it to me again with Spore, too. I just know it. Jerk.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Around the Network

I still play UT 2004 every other day online, and I would play Diablo II very often if Macbooks had classic mode, and the Bomberman SNES series was epic!

jalsonmi said:
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Super Metroid
3. Super Mario Bros 3

@Rocketpig: Yeah, if I thought about it too much, I might have to put Sim City 4 on this list. Too many nights saying "let's just build this highway and lay this track of subway and make sure it gets traffic and oh wait, let's do this You Drive It mission, and..." then noticing the damn sun is coming up. Damn Will Wright and his Urban-Planning-dissertation-as-game...

He's going to do it to me again with Spore, too. I just know it. Jerk.

I'm pretty much counting that Spore is going to be the most annoying yet addictive game since Civ.

Goddamn it. Will Wright is a prick. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Super Mario Bros got me playing but is was Zelda (and that goldend cartridge) that got me addicted. And that music...

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

#1 The Legend of Zelda (the first one)
#2 Final Fantasy VI
#3 Warcraft 2
#4 Street Fighter 2
#5 Counterstrike

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Tough one.

I think Super Mario Bros 1+3 or Super Mario World.

Those are not my favorite games I ever played. Zelda LttP and OoT, Fire Emblem, a few FF's, ToS are more immersive games, that dragged me into the game.

However once finished 1 or 2 times I don't have the need to replay them. I can always replay SMB1/3 and SMW, even after all these years, that's an amazing thing. So therefore I think they're my favorite games.