By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Psy said:
allaboutthegames885 said:
@ Psy: Had trouble fitting "Applebee" into your screen name?

I'm not sure I follow. =P

EDIT:

O-D-C: the song is Live and Learn, from Sonic Adventure 2, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the game. I hope it is, at least. I'm not a huge fan of "modern" Sonic, but I love that song.

thanks.

Around the Network
@ Psy: Oops, I guess you aren't JBDCool from the now-defunct (nintendo.com) Nsider forums... Or do you simply not remember "Mewtation"?

Nope, wasn't me. Sorry. I don't even remember my screen name on Nsider. In fact, I made one post, got PMed by three people telling me I should be a Sage, and I never went back. =P

Wii code: 5949-0444-7705-4682

Brawl code: 3523-1703-2252

PSN ID: HylianPsy

This topic is never active at this time! :o

@ Psy: Oops, sorry dude... But I guess you are a fan of his work, even if you didn't get to read an excerpt of "Mewtation"... Me, I kinda fell off the wagon with the Nsider forums, and missed a lot, including the last few "Merry Band of Idiots" sprite comics... But I don't expect you to know what happened in those, either...

Disclaimer: Aatg885 isn't usually one for wishful thinking, or stupidity *sobs*...

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

@ Psy: Oops, sorry dude... But I guess you are a fan of his work, even if you didn't get to read an excerpt of "Mewtation"... Me, I kinda fell off the wagon with the Nsider forums, and missed a lot, including the last few "Merry Band of Idiots" sprite comics... But I don't expect you to know what happened in those, either...

Disclaimer: Aatg885 isn't usually one for wishful thinking, or stupidity *sobs*...

Actually, Merry Band of Idiots sounds familiar. I might have seen a few. What is Mewtation, though?

Around the Network

@ Psy: *stops sobbing* "Mewtation" was a fanfic involving "Rocket Girl", "Ama Doomy", Agent "B", and Agent "A", who turns out to be Psy Applebee (or "Appleby"; I don't remember a lot of the details, including proper spelling of the character names; like I said, I fell off the wagon)... Apparently the thing in the lab that was thought to be destroyed, well, wasn't and turned out to be a clone of Mewtwo (a clone of a clone sounds crazy, right? oh, it's about to get crazier), incomplete and on a murderous rampage, leaving Pokemon and human corpses in his wake... Naturally the spy known only as "Rocket Girl" with the help of "Doomy", "A", "B", and hundreds of Pokemon not killed or blinded (Mewtation recruits a dark army of Pokemon in such a fashion; scary, huh?) by the psychotic "Mewtation"...

Disclaimer: Aatg885 did not expect you or anyone to follow such a long post, nor does he care to annotate his post.

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

naznatips said:

Updated odds of entry list. Keep in mind these factors contributed to this: The fact that there only seem to be room for 4 characters per sticker suggests no more than 4 characters per franchise. This means that the Mario characters for example other than Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser dropped wayyyy down in odds to almost nothing. Also keep in mind that we are still looking for a franchise to fill the last empty spot... hence Isaac's fairly high odds.

Confirmed:

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Shiek

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar

Unconfirmed (est. odds of entry)

Luigi (99%)

Captain Falcon (99%)
Ganondorf (99%)
Jigglypuff (99%)
Ness (99%)

Mr. Game and Watch (95%)
Marth (85%)
Falco (75%)
Y. Link (15%)
Roy (10%)
Mewtwo (1%)
Dr. Mario (1%)

Lucario (99%)

Krystal (85%)
K. Rool (85%)
Animal Crossing Villager (65%)

Isaac (60%)

Ridley (50%)
Mii (40%)

Geno (30%)
Balloon Fighter (30%)
Baby Mario & Luigi (1%)
Tails (1%)
Robotnik (1%)
Knuckles (1%)
Raiden (1%)
Bowser Jr. (1%)

Other notes: Tails and Knuckles not being on Sonic's sticker lowered them to almost zero odds. The fact that they went down took Raiden down with them. Geno went down as a result of Mario spots being full, but has higher percentages than the others because he could concievably have his own icon. Any questions, feel free to ask.

You can think of things in terms of each franchise being allocated a certain number of slots. The fans obviously want characters from their favorite series, but if there are too many characters per series then the character list would be too unwieldly.

You could break the franchises into tiers based on how important they are in sales, devotion of their fanbases, and simply how many useable characters they can provide:

• Mario is Nintendo's flagship franchise and so its likely to be allocated more slots than any other franchise. It already has 4 characters confirmed and the 5th is a shoe in.
  • Pokemon gets 4 slots.
  • Zelda is definitely a three slot franchise and it would make perfect sense to have the three Triforce bearing characters in those slots.
  • Kirby is definitely another three slot franchise. Don't expect any hidden Kirby characters.
  • StarFox could be a 2 or 3 slotter. I'm leaning toward 2 slots.
  • It looks like Earthbound is a 2 slotter.
  • Metroid is hard to place. In the US and Europe, it should be a 2 slotter, or maybe even a 3 slotter. In Japan it would qualify as a 1 slotter. 2 slots seems reasonable to me since Nintendo is at least vaguely aware they have western fans. Ridley seems the likely candidate for second Metroid character, but Dark Samus is also possible.
  • I'd expect 2 slots for Fire Emblem.
  • Donkey Kong is probably relegated to 2 slot status. I don't think there's enough fan interest to add K. Rool and Dixie Kong isn't worth the trouble it would take to differentiate her from Diddy Kong.
  • F-Zero ought to be worthy of two slots. Black Shadow could be a second F-Zero character.
  • Wario Ware, Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, Kid Icarus, and Pikmin only get one slot each since they each only have one character/ensemble-of-characters-working-in-concert that's suitable for a fighting game.
  • Given the evidence against there being any other Sonic or Metal Gear characters, I think it's safe to assume any visiting franchise can only have 1 slot.

Even more speculative:

Based on those assumptions that gives 34 characters total. I'm expecting the real total to be 32 or 36. Why? Because it's harder to make the character selection screen look good with other numbers of characters.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

I don't know if anyone's come across this yet. There's a guy claiming he knows there's 35 characters (not counting Shiek/ZSS) and 41 stages. (post #274)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227646&page=6

I've seen a lot of prophets and rumors, but this guy seems like he might be legit. Apparently he has a very good reputation on the site, a reliable source, has leaked info in the past, and has even offered to bet $$$/perma bans.

Soooo if it's true, there's 37 total characters counting Shiek and ZSS. There's currently 25 revealed on the Dojo. We can also be almost positive about:

Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game and Watch
Lucario
Ness

That leaves 5 slots open. Oh, and he's also claimed "Wolf/Falco/Fox" are playable (don't know why he put it like that.... costume changes maybe?), Ridley isn't, and no more 3rd parties.

Aatg885: Sounds intriguing, and kind of makes me want to watch the first Pokemon movie again.

Actually, I just came up with "Psy" a few years ago after jumping from screen name to screen name, most of them involving Final Fantasy. I wanted something original. Apparently I failed though...

Non Sequor: Interesting tier system. It seems about right, but I'll have to disagree on a few things. Popularity-wise, I'm almost certain that Zelda is a four-slot series. I just don't think they'll fill that last slot since there aren't very many "Smash-esque" candidates. Unless you want to count Sheik, that is.

I would also put F-Zero at one slot. There was a possibility for two, but I think Samurai Goroh as an AT killed that chance.

Everything else seems pretty reasonable.

ok, for me this hardly rules out jiggly and mewtwo. its is very possible that certain stickers cant be used by all pokemon, so other pokemon can use stickers that those 4 cant. it is also very possible that there is a way to scroll, so that there is more then 4 alloted places. because there is more then 4 "mario" char's

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)