By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

I think if 48 characters is true there a very good change we see a someone from the Custom Robot series, maybe Ray 01 or at least be an AT. Maybe we get a Cubivore AT or map also.

Around the Network

Finally we get to see Zelda's FS. lol Its about time.

We are all getting so excited for the release we start believing outlandish ideas. keep grounded people.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

lol. this happened before melee...

back then we were all begging for Ganondorf... and we got him : )

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Ugh, of all nights to go to bed early. What was I thinking?

Having this many characters discovered at once just put me into "Sky's the limit" mode. I was convinced that Ness wasn’t in after it was announced there would be less emphasis on clones.

Sakurai is the best troll ever.

Oh yeah, Zelda's final smash was nice too.

CIHYFS?

naznatips said:

Updated odds of entry list. Keep in mind these factors contributed to this: The fact that there only seem to be room for 4 characters per sticker suggests no more than 4 characters per franchise. This means that the Mario characters for example other than Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser dropped wayyyy down in odds to almost nothing. Also keep in mind that we are still looking for a franchise to fill the last empty spot... hence Isaac's fairly high odds. 

The Mario series is definatly already over the 4 character limit. I figure Wario still counts from that franchise, but even if he doesn't then there is also Yoshi. I'd say Mewtwo still has a somewhat decent chance of making the cut. If they had to cut a pokemon from that sticker, he is the most likely to be cut due to his reliance on non-physical attacks.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

No, Wario Is his own Franchise. He has a

Icon that Naznatips posted already, remember?

naznatips said:
Hyperion said:
wiiforever said:
I like Bacon said:
Sakurai quotes are funny, I'll post a bunch later once I'm on the computer.

is like everyone surfing on their Wii? I really didn't know that this many ppl would make use of the Wii's web browser

Dude, using the Wii browser is IN! I'm using it right now.us (lol at the .us) XD I always use when my brother is playing Runescape (loser).

I don't even have the browser downloaded...

That sucks cuz now if you DID download it, you'd have to pay for it instead of getting it for FREE like I did.

L.C.E.C. said:

No, Wario Is his own Franchise. He has a

Icon that Naznatips posted already, remember?

Also, Yoshi is under the egg icon. I forgot about that before. So it looks like Mario and Pokemon will both have 4 characters.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Psy said:
Aatg885: Sounds intriguing, and kind of makes me want to watch the first Pokemon movie again.

Actually, I just came up with "Psy" a few years ago after jumping from screen name to screen name, most of them involving Final Fantasy. I wanted something original. Apparently I failed though...

Non Sequor: Interesting tier system. It seems about right, but I'll have to disagree on a few things. Popularity-wise, I'm almost certain that Zelda is a four-slot series. I just don't think they'll fill that last slot since there aren't very many "Smash-esque" candidates. Unless you want to count Sheik, that is.

I would also put F-Zero at one slot. There was a possibility for two, but I think Samurai Goroh as an AT killed that chance.

Everything else seems pretty reasonable.

It depends on how you define popularity. Personally, I like Zelda and Metroid better than Mario or Pokemon, and I'm sure a lot of other people in my age range would agree with me. But Mario and Pokemon are clearly the two most important franchises in Nintendo's history. Pokemon is the biggest franchise of the last 10 years and Mario is the biggest franchise of the 15 years before that.

With that in mind, it seems reasonable to give these two franchises the status of having the most characters in Brawl. Of course, as you noted, the fact that they have the most candidates for inclusion doesn't hurt either.

Zelda does have some potential fourth characters such as wolf Link and Midna and young Link. However, I've been under the impression that young Link has always been one of the clone characters on the chopping block and I'm not sure how well wolf Link and Midna would work out. I don't think either one of them would really benefit the game enough to warrant inclusion.

Still, with Sheik, you can sort of count Zelda as a 3.5 slotter. I think that accurately reflects Zelda's status.

I still think that F-Zero could be a 2 slot candidate. The one-slotters are mostly just throwbacks and offshoots of bigger franchises and I don't think F-Zero fits in with them. It really isn't any less significant than Fire Emblem, and most people seem to be expecting 2 characters from that.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Non Sequor said:

I still think that F-Zero could be a 2 slot candidate. The one-slotters are mostly just throwbacks and offshoots of bigger franchises and I don't think F-Zero fits in with them. It really isn't any less significant than Fire Emblem, and most people seem to be expecting 2 characters from that.

I doubt it.  Problem with F-Zero is that it's all about the racing and the characters are pretty undefined.  It just wouldn't add much to include another F-Zero character.   There's more significant and established characters from other franchises that would be of more interest to fans I think.