By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Ridley isn't that far fetched. He'd probably need to be shrunk a bit, but even Bowser was large enough to swallow Mario in one gulp back in the SM64 days. Of course they could have him use a very crouched stance like Faust from Guilty Gear (my favorite fighting game character ever), but then it might become problematic if he's too long.

Metroid is a major franchise with no other suitable characters, and a heavy flyer with ranged attacks would be incredibly awesome, so I think they'll at least try to get him to work.

Around the Network

What an utterly pointless argument...

Listen, Ridley and Craid were both as large as Samus in the original Metroid, and Bowser has been gigantic in some games. Clearly, neither Sakurai or Nintendo care. Ridley is probably a boss like Petey anyway.

Yeah, the original Metroid's bosses were small...but of course half of that is technical limitations...

Since then, Ridley's been huge. I'm not saying it wouldn't work...I'm just saying that I as a fan wouldn't want Ridley a couple feet taller than Samus, as that's just not how he works...his moves are big, his attacks are made with him being 2 stories tall in mind. I'd rather have him be a non-playable and huge than a playable and small...it's just not Ridley if he's shrunk.

I probably won't complain much if he is playable and about Bowser's size...I'm just saying what I would want.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

When you see it, you'll shit bricks...

Parokki said:

Krystal from Starfox, Knuckle Joe from Kirby & Zero Suit Samus from Metroid

Oh em ef GE!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

OMFG!

Wait til Bacon sees this...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Neos said:
Parokki said:

Krystal from Starfox, Knuckle Joe from Kirby & Zero Suit Samus from Metroid

Oh em ef GE!

No way.  O.o

So basically, Krystal is confirmed for Brawl...not 100% sure on whether she's playable though...as she also voices Knuckle Joe who's an AT.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I was going to post that, but the site has been dying on me all week.

Well now we know Krystal is in there in some form.

And really I don't think Ridley's size is an issue at all. I mean look at him in Super metroid.

http://www.nintendomaniacs.com/images/ul3/SNES/super_metroid/ridley.png

I mean if samus is 5'10 then he can't be taller than 15 feet hunched over (which is his normal posture). Take him down a couple of feet and he's fine as a heavy weight that can fly. You might not need to even shrink him so much as mess with the way he stands, keep his head down, or have him be on all his arms and legs like in MP3. Plus, think about how awesome he would be. Fire breath, give him his grab from the 2d metroids where he grabs you in his claws and stabs you with his tail and blasts you with fire until you get away. It would be sweet. And aside from Dark Samus there isn't any other decent villain to represent metroid. He already has music posted

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.