By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

That Dedede inhale move just sounds like Yoshi's grab moves though.

Either way, a good addition to the Smash world...he makes for a well-rounded righter.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

well if they are going to do King Dedede, they HAVE to put in a Metroid villian. Who is going to be? Ridley, Dark Samus....can't wait.

I did NOT expect DeDeDe to show up. But maaaaaaaan I am I happy!

Time for a REAL Hammer attack!
A heavyweight who can multi-jump like Kirby? Please? *crosses fingers*

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Yeah I think each series should get a villain. Ridley I think would be an obvious choice for Samus, imagine a heavy weight that can fly like metaknight and pit, how cool would that be?

Ike could have the black knight, or maybe a villain from some other fire emblem (I haven't played many)

I'm not sure about pit...

Either way, very happy about dedede.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
Ridley I think would be an obvious choice for Samus, imagine a heavy weight that can fly like metaknight and pit, how cool would that be?

Ridley for Brawl! and Charizard is obviously heavy weight and he can fly.

Around the Network

The only problem is Ridley's size.

The size he was in Melee's introduction could MAYBE work...but in my opinion, it's like turning a T-Rex into a raptor. Both scary and deadly, but they're just not the same, and they really wouldn't fight the same way.

Ridley's supposed to be quite big, much bigger than Bowser's ever been (Giga excluded of course hehe), so it really would be interesting to see how they'd make a playable Ridley work. I'm honestly only expecting an AT, Adventure Mode, or stage appearance like with Kraid in Melee.

For a stage, it could be something like the Tallon overworld or similar location, and the stage could change places much like other Brawl stages have been doing...and in each different spot, Ridley would come and attack in different ways...much like the early fight in MP3.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

SIZE IS NOT AN ISSUE IN SUPER SMASH BROS. GAMES! KIRBY IS 8 INCHES TALL. THEY MADE HIM LARGER. THEY ALSO SHRUNK BOWSER! RIDLEY CAN BE BOWSER'S SIZE IF SAKURAI WANTS HIM TO BE THAT BIG. THE SIZE ARGUEMENT IS ONE OF THE MOST STUPID AND RIDICULOUS THINGS EVER! FACT!

ok?

I like Bacon said:

SIZE IS NOT AN ISSUE IN SUPER SMASH BROS. GAMES! KIRBY IS 8 INCHES TALL. THEY MADE HIM LARGER. THEY ALSO SHRUNK BOWSER! RIDLEY CAN BE BOWSER'S SIZE IF SAKURAI WANTS HIM TO BE THAT BIG. THE SIZE ARGUEMENT IS ONE OF THE MOST STUPID AND RIDICULOUS THINGS EVER! FACT!

ok?

Nope...not a fact.  It's ok for Kirby...nobody really cares if he's a couple feet tall instead of nearly a foot tall.

But would you want to see a Kraid running around the size of Bowser?  It'd look freaking ridiculous.

I'm not saying a Ridley the size of Bowser wouldn't work.  It could be fun and great to have another Metroid character.  But half his indimidation is his size, Samus doesn't fight a Ridley only a few feet taller than her!  Bowser's pretty much his correct size...he's been that size in many Mario games...

But Ridley's always been gigantic...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

No seriously, it is ridiculous. Bowser is that size.....in the spinoffs. Ridley will have to be shrunken if he is playable. Some people say that Captain Olimar can't be in just because he is 1 inch tall in his games. XD Who cares if he's that size in his games, he can be bigger in Brawl.

Size does not matter, that is a fact.

Ridley just came across some poison mushrooms if he is smaller.

Need people to play online with me for Brawl.
4382-1731-1511.

Name is DROAK.