By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Words Of Wisdom said:
Replays will be awesome and should become a standard feature in several game genres.

Speaking of which, it would be really great if they allowed replay recording in Super Mario Galaxy.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Around the Network

Cool, I hope you can record online matches as well. And you can saved them on your SD card, great!. I loved the target smash breaking on melee, I hope stages changes with the character, not just only the places where the targets are, but the places/forms of the platforms as well. Sakurai keep it coming.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Game_boy said:
How much work went into the Melee levels, from an artistic and technical standpoint? Very little. They just did a hack and rehash of the platform code. They actually spent more time on this than before.

I was going to open a can of NERD RAGE on you, but realised you were talking about the Target Test maps before it was too late. =P

It was cool when every map was designed for a character and had all kinds of cool tricks only they could do, but every character working differently on every map to bring loads and loads of replay value just might work if they do it well enough. 

Anyone else notice the Gamecube controller controls in the Metaknight picture?

Man, the replay feature is great. I can't wait to send you all the "I Love Bacon 0wned by me" and "BenKenobi 0wned by me" videos :D

Around the Network

Words of Wisdom, they've had GC controller layouts in almost every pic so far.

As for the update...I'm confused why they would switch to only 5 total target maps...when it was 1 per character, the maps were specifically designed for each character...utilizing the skills of each specific character.

This does seem like a step down...unless I'm misreading it, and it's 5 per character.

Anyway, this is made up for by the ability to record replays! I'm again disappointed that it's only up to 3 minutes though...almost all my Smash matches last longer than that, because we almost always play stock. Still cool though.

I will own you all and send you replay videos of it to humiliate you!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

This entire board is going to be one huge online Brawl match as soon as everyone gets a hold of this game....and in the end....there can be only ONE Brawl master. lol

EDIT---When it comes out, we should make a seperate thread to schedule online matches and bet on them and shit, and we can limit individual matches to 3 minutes, that way, we can record the entire match, upload them straight onto the thread, and everyone can watch, so we'll have a huge archive of everybody's Brawl matches. We can bet on who wins and stuff. Imagine how many people are going to lose bets and get freaky crap put in their sig. 

BenKenobi88 said:
Words of Wisdom, they've had GC controller layouts in almost every pic so far.

As for the update...I'm confused why they would switch to only 5 total target maps...when it was 1 per character, the maps were specifically designed for each character...utilizing the skills of each specific character.

This does seem like a step down...unless I'm misreading it, and it's 5 per character.

Anyway, this is made up for by the ability to record replays! I'm again disappointed that it's only up to 3 minutes though...almost all my Smash matches last longer than that, because we almost always play stock. Still cool though.

I will own you all and send you replay videos of it to humiliate you!

I know you can use the GC controller, but I just hadn't seen that on any pics (or paid attention to those I'd seen...).

I forsee lots of posters eating crow when the game comes out.  Replays will definitely be fun for that.

I will not be one those eating crow hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I played Melee LAST NIGHT. I haven't gone more than a week without playing it since I got it when it came out. No crow eater I.