By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

I hope so

Around the Network

In one way having just 5 levels alltogether is bad, but then again we now have [final amount of character] x 5 different character-level combinations, rather than the old one level per character. It might be awesome since the different characters all handle so differently, and the wording doesn't completely rule out there being 5 levels per character either.

It might also not be as cool as in Melee, but I have faith in the Smash team's ability to deliver us vast amounts of untarnished awesome.

Oh, and HOLY SHIT WE CAN RECORD MATCHES!!!!!!11 I hope it automatically records your last match and then asks if you want to watch or save it, but in any case this is unbeliveably great.

I am happy.

this game keeps gettin better and better i cannot wait for this

Who else wants to see a Zero Suit Samus Neko-Chan alternative costume made reality. This was just kind of an odd trend that popped up on Japanese artist boards after Zero Suit Samus was announced way back when.

Around the Network

How much work went into the Melee levels, from an artistic and technical standpoint? Very little. They just did a hack and rehash of the platform code. They actually spent more time on this than before.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

uh oh...anime pics again...this can only end in tears.

I'm undecided whether only 5 levels will give it more or less replay value in total. It will depend how much they require you to beat to unlock all the trophies etc, as well as the overall quality of the level design...

But jeez... Saving and sharing replays! No "bittersweet" in that part of the update!

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Replays will be awesome and should become a standard feature in several game genres.

I'm a bit surprised by the replay thing. I wanted it, but I never thought it would happen.

The 5 break the targets is weak. Need one per character, not just 5.