By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

I hope they allow videos to go straight to emails or a site or something...Skate videos do...and it saves harddrive space on 360 and it would definitely save memory space on the Wii...I hope Nintendo is smart enough to realize this.

Otherwise...I'm gonna have to get a video-in for my PC so I can record easier.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Hmmm....I have a 60 gig PS3, is it at all possible to upload info from one of those sd cards onto it? Because if I can....

EDIT---seems like I can.....good news for me, now all I need is an SD card. 

Well since I have never boasted being the best Smash player I don't have to worry about being forced to eat crow hehe.

Apostrovich,

It does have a tab for the SD card in the last pic between the Erase and Send tabs. To me, this means that a video can be sent or erased from the SD card. Which indirectly confirms that saving videos to a SD card is allowed.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Would one be able to upload a video from there to say, youtube?

Around the Network

That i can not answer. What I am thinking is that only the bones of the data is stored and the rest of the data is loaded in. Actually I starting to think something else. Never mind. I guess we will have to wait for another update.

the character-specific challenges seem to be gone from this mode, Target Test.

This is not true. No where has this been stated. Before you only had one target test map which was customized for each character. Now he's saying that there are five maps. He does not have to say that each is customized for each character. This is a given since this is how it has been done in the other entries in the Smash series. The only thing that has changed is the number of maps.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

I disagree patjuan. The way he said it and the design of the maps imply very strongly that these aren't character specific. I could be wrong, but we'll have to wait and see.

When I read it now...I believe it implies that there will be 5 maps of varying difficulty per character.

It's dubious though...the fact that the previous Smashes had specific maps for each character does not mean it will be the same for Brawl.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Actually, I now agree. Here is how I'm interpreting it:

There are 5 different backdrops and tile sets. Mountain, Plain, Desert, etc. Each character has 1 target and platform configuration for each Tileset. Effectively there are 5 per character, but only 5 different total "styles" so to speak. So, 5 unique stages total, and unique configurations for every character. Does that make sense?

Yes, and I agree that's what it must be.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM