By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

^so there are at least two "worlds" or more accurately franchises that are not revealed yet, my guess would be Pikmin for one of them but i have no idea for the other.
(and there could be more after 20, but 20 seems a nice round number)

I am guessing also that there will be a stage for each franchise, so we are yet to have F-Zero, Metroid, Mother, Ice climbers or Sonic stages yet. (though i think, like the F-Zero stage, they might have been seen in images but not announced yet.)

Around the Network

No F-Zero stage has been seen yet...a Mario Kart stage has though.

I can't wait for the Metroid stage...I hope they make something more original than a "Brinstar Depths" type stage again.

#13 MUST be G&W...but #19...it could be anything. Pikmin, Megaman, Castlevania...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

My thoughts on Sonic:  It's pretty much like I imagined he'd fight in Smash Bros...a number of kicks and punches, and then his rolling into a ball form.  I love the "B-down" move...being able to charge up and let go...it'll undoubtedly feel just like the old days of 2D Sonic.  That said, I expected more rolling into a ball and less kicking and punching, but it probably wouldn't work as well or look as good that way.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Brinstar?

Also yes i was thinking of the Mario Kart stage (but mixing it up with the old F-Zero one which is a similar concept).... but which world (franchise) would a MarioKart stage go in, none of the things i posted have had two stages yet, but Mario kart fits best into the Mario World. (although Yoshi has a seperate world so i dunno)

Edit, damn i always post interesting stuff at the bottom of the page....should i post it again on this page?

Only if they will say Marth is in the game now.

Need people to play online with me for Brawl.
4382-1731-1511.

Name is DROAK.  

Around the Network

I was thinking that could be the lava stage from Prime, Twroo.. Some word that sounds like "Magma"... caverns.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

I just wish they pick something other than lava or acid worlds...I realize it instantly associates with Metroid, but a snowy Phendrana Drifts level, ancient Chozo Ruins level, Pirate Frigate (though it seems there's plenty of "metal" themed stages already with Snake's, Fox's...)

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

TWRoO said:

Brinstar?

Also yes i was thinking of the Mario Kart stage (but mixing it up with the old F-Zero one which is a similar concept).... but which world (franchise) would a MarioKart stage go in, none of the things i posted have had two stages yet, but Mario kart fits best into the Mario World. (although Yoshi has a seperate world so i dunno)

Edit, damn i always post interesting stuff at the bottom of the page....should i post it again on this page?

Remember they announced Motorcycles in Mario Kart Wii? Wait doesn't Wario have a motorcycle! Coincidence?

Sig Updated.

Added:
-Lucas
-Sonic
-Snake

Enjoy!

Original Size:

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

JMan said:
Ok, which one of you is Sakurai?

I mean it.

Lots of messages about "I'm not buying if it doesn't have online", so online is announced. Lots of messages about how great SSBB would be if sonic were in it. So sonic is in it. Messages about "online coop would be great" so online coop is announced. There's a term we use in programming to describe this. Feature Creep. It can doom a project. Ok, Sakurai... The game is perfect. It's time to finalize it.

This may not necessarily be Feature Creep.  We don't know what was in the original spec document.  It's likely that all these new additions have been planned from the beginning. Every project has a certain level of feature creep, but I don't think that's what's going on here.