By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

I don't think the game will lose sales from missing the Christmas time. The game will sell well throughout it's life, so the Christmas season won't be as much of a hurt compared to games with short lifespans (like Halo for instance).

Around the Network

Now that my boy Sonic is in this, I must by this game. I don't even like the gameplay Smash Brothers has, but I'm buying it! Now, if only my boy Zero was in this...

Ok, so...Lucas's one special move did not look like anything in Ness' repertoire.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Looks can be deceiving. It could be his up B move with different animation. We don't know yet. I still doubt Ness will come back based on Sakurai's statements in the Lucas update, but time will tell. Of course, based on the fact that some gamers were disappointed in America over the Lucas update, if he doesn't have Ness in already, Sakurai could decide to put the character in during the next month. It's definitely possible, and it seems that he wants to please fans.

Some said the best selling game this gen will be Super Mario Galaxy, some said it will be Halo 3, some said it will be Gran Turismo 5. Do these people still think that way?

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Around the Network
Shido said:
Some said the best selling game this gen will be Super Mario Galaxy, some said it will be Halo 3, some said it will be Gran Turismo 5. Do these people still think that way?

I do. I think Mario Galaxy is going to sell 20m units. Sonic isn't just going to push this game past Galaxy.

super_etecoon said:
I haven't kept up in the last couple pages...since the sonic announcement...so sorry if i'm off-topic...

What if they are delaying the Japan release not only to give Wii Fit more room, but also to include a Wii Fit control scheme to the game...

So what would you guys think about another control option using the Wii Fit board, perhaps to move left and right?

Not saying it isn't possible. Nintendo bigwigs can bust in on Sakurai's team and demand some features based on where the Wii is headed. This IS going to be the smash brothers of this generation, so that is reasonable since Nintendo is wanting the Balance Mat as a control scheme in future games.

However, there are a couple of items against it. Wii Fit isn't to release until Jan 1st or later in the US, and Brawl is out on December 3rd. Also, the team was even against the idea of using motion controls from the beginning so even having that is a stretch, but of course Nintendo stepped in on that one too, so.....

I said in this very forum that this game wasn't coming out this year and no one belived me. It wasn't a ramdom guess: two AAA titles coming out in a matter of 3 weeks of each other (Mario Galaxy)? No way. It would be simply a stupid marketing decision...

BenKenobi88 said:
Ok, so...Lucas's one special move did not look like anything in Ness' repertoire.

I assumed it was a new animation for PK Flash.

I haven't read many previous posts, so i am not sure if anyone on here knows, but there are two holes in the number of "worlds" that there are currently....

If you go to the website and right click, then click properties on the little grey icons that mean a different "world" (for instance anything Mario related has a mushroom/Zelda related has a triforce etc) you get the file name for the image, and Sonics image is World 20, but there hasn't been a world 19 or 13. (and there could be others after 20)

Current worlds;
1. Smash Bros. (battlefield stage/most items)
2. Donkey Kong
3. Starfox
4. Kirby
5. F-zero (no stage announced yet...but i think one has featured in a video...no characters yet either)
6. Metroid (no stage yet)
7. Mother (no stage yet.... Lucas is the character for it)
8. Pokemon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
12. Fire Emblem
13. -------------- (nothing to go with this number yet)
14. Ice Climbers (no stage, only Ice climbers announced so far)
15. Animal Crossing
16. Warioware
17. Metal Gear Solid
18. Kid Icarus
19. ------------- (nothing to go with this number yet)
20. Sonic (no stage yet, only Sonic announced)

appologies if this was already found out on this site (also i cant take credit for it because i saw it on the ONM forums)