By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

I don't want ness gone...

he was my Fav character in SSB, and SSBM (only in super suddendeath)

=( 

Around the Network

Ness should be in.

Erik Aston said:
First off - wow, I'm from GameSpot, I must be lying! Truth be told, I've been a member at GameSpot for well over two years now... I think I joined summer 2005 or so. Again, don't believe me if you so choose. I know that I'm correct, but I also know how difficult it is to believe others over the Internet. I wouldn't blame anyone who thinks I'm lying.

I myself am obviously not an inside source by any means at all, but I've got some VERY close contacts within the gaming industry, some I'm not sure I want to disclose. I'll just say it's not Sakurai, but let's keep it at that.

I was correct on two points, as I've stated. Peach's profile and Pokémon Trainer's profile. Anyone counting those as one point is being a little too technical.

But what about that fake "GamingRing" roster on another site? That wasn't posted by me. The only gaming site I've ever registered at was GameSpot. I've never even heard of "GamingRing".

There's a few recurring characters on most people's lists that only made it as Assist Trophies. Some people won't be happy about a few of those...

Ness is gone.

The next confirmed newcomer will be Lucas.

Heh.

Now he's going to name a specific character then eh?  Guess it's do or die now.

Post #2000.

and I can't wait for that guy to be proven wrong.

I was guessing awhile ago that Ness would be gone. It's in this thread somewhere...

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

Around the Network

I doubt Ness will be gone. He is the creator's favorite character and the "Franklin Badge" item that was announced is from Ness's first game, Earthbound.

EEPiccolo said:
I was guessing awhile ago that Ness would be gone. It's in this thread somewhere...

It's very unlikely Ness will be gone, for 3 main reasons:

1.)  Ness has been stated by Sakurai many times to be his personal favorite, and he's being given a lot of creative freedom in development.

2.)  Ness has appeared in BOTH previous Smash games, making him not only a veteran but a series staple.

3.) Mother 3 never has been and never will be localized outside of Japan.  Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a game that sells well in all regions, and best in America.  Marth and Roy were fine because Fire Emblem was being localized at the time of their inclusion.  Lucas (alone) would be pretty ridiculous.

eab said:
I doubt Ness will be gone. He is the creator's favorite character and the "Franklin Badge" item that was announced is from Ness's first game, Earthbound.

Er... actually the Franklin Badge was the Mother 3 version (according to Starmen.net who is almost done translating the Mother 3 rom).

I would expect an additional Mother character alongside Ness before thinking Ness would be gone.

Why would Sakurai ever do that....

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

however, other than Ness being gone his predictions seem pretty reasonable... I guessed between 35 and 40 characters while including Zero Suit Samus. Also six being gone works out pretty well if he's right about Ness:

Pichu
Ness
Y. Link
Ice Climbers
Dr. Mario
Roy