By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

When the first pic of Peach was loading, i thought that her shoulders were her boobs.  WTF is wrong with me?

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network
Parokki said:
dtewi said:
But Sakurai stated all clones will be removed.

Stop putting words in the man's mouth please. He said "not all characters are returning", and people have given it all kinds of weird meanings.

I'm pretty sure he instead is referencing Sakurai's statement that there were cloned movesets in SSBM only because of time constraints, and he would prefer not to have clones in SSBB.  Unfortunately, this statement was back on the old Smash Bros. Dojo forums, which no longer exist.  Take my word for it as someone who read it though.

It's about time they showed her.

*is still waiting on Fox's FS*

Wow, hello shiny graphics...

15 more weeks/75 more updates to go before Dec 3!

I predict next week we'll get two items, a stage, a special move-set for one of the characters (probably Ash), and a song.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

Around the Network

Today was update #73. That means Tuesday is update #75 assuming we don't get 2 on Monday. (which is kinda unlikely) I hope we get something good. #25 we got Samus, #50 we got Samus' Final Smash.

....well that's odd, maybe #75 will be something about Samus. >_>

but of course, two things is hardly a pattern at all.

Peach is lookin really hot in these photos. I definitely think she has gotten one of the best upgrades. Can't wait to do the pausing looking up of her skirt again :p

Also, I am thinking that there is a good chance Jiggles is going to be axed because there is already Pika and the Pokemon trainer. I am going to be PISSED. Jiggles was my primary and there are so many other characters that were way down on the smashers rankings that could get taken out. I guess in terms of Nintendo's franchises, she makes the most sense to go though. But, damn, no more wall of pain. BAH! [it will still be the greatest game ever made]

only 8 more posts to 2k.

This was overall a great week of updates. Metroid stuff next week, probably a metroid stage.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

So if this GameFAQ guy is right... And I have to give him credit for knowing two new characters would be revealed this week... I think I'd be satisfied...

34 doesn't sound like a lot more than 25, but if there are no clones in Brawl, it's really 34 vs. 19. And counting transformations, its (at least) 37 vs. 20.

I think Ness would be the cut character from the original 12, and I think Game and Watch would be the lost franchise.

If so, that would leave us with Ness' replacement from Mother plus 8 other new characters, plus Ganondorf and Falco with new movesets... I would be more than satisfied with that...

If someone from Mother other than Ness gets shown, I think everyone is going to have to start believing this guy.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

First off - wow, I'm from GameSpot, I must be lying! Truth be told, I've been a member at GameSpot for well over two years now... I think I joined summer 2005 or so. Again, don't believe me if you so choose. I know that I'm correct, but I also know how difficult it is to believe others over the Internet. I wouldn't blame anyone who thinks I'm lying.

I myself am obviously not an inside source by any means at all, but I've got some VERY close contacts within the gaming industry, some I'm not sure I want to disclose. I'll just say it's not Sakurai, but let's keep it at that.

I was correct on two points, as I've stated. Peach's profile and Pokémon Trainer's profile. Anyone counting those as one point is being a little too technical.

But what about that fake "GamingRing" roster on another site? That wasn't posted by me. The only gaming site I've ever registered at was GameSpot. I've never even heard of "GamingRing".

There's a few recurring characters on most people's lists that only made it as Assist Trophies. Some people won't be happy about a few of those...

Ness is gone.

The next confirmed newcomer will be Lucas.

Heh.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.