By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

super_etecoon said:

The bird guy is from Paper Mario...does that mean anything?

Btw, there's also the professor from Big Brain Academy and the main character from Baloon Fight...

True fighters don't wear socks.

Around the Network

Am I the only one who thinks that using tether recovery is cheating?...

True fighters don't wear socks.

I don't really like todays update. I always forgot to do it in Melee. x_x

and yeah, every stage looks awesome and fun. Lylat Cruise is my favorite one so far.

Eldin is particularly awesome because it will play uniquely as well as look beautiful.

Anyways... Weird that its a B^ move...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Kind of a boring update for me because I have very little interest in Zamus, but must be great for her fans.

What's the consensus on Zamus anyway? Worst name ever, or just barely acceptable? =P

Around the Network

I guess by "other characters", he means some other characters will have a tether for the up-B move. Either that, or he means it can be available to any character by using an item or something. Hmm.

@Parokki, I've never even seen the name Zamus before, but it's definitely one of the worst names ever.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

EEPiccolo said:
I guess by "other characters", he means some other characters will have a tether for the up-B move. Either that, or he means it can be available to any character by using an item or something. Hmm.

@Parokki, I've never even seen the name Zamus before, but it's definitely one of the worst names ever.

I see Zamus all the time, I sometimes use it, but I mostly use ZSS.

Anyway, Samus Link Link and Young Link can do this in Melee. So it isn't exactly new info. Oh well, as long as the old info is out of the way, we can get a lot of new info.

Any predictions on whats coming tomorrow?

Hope they end the week with a bang instead of a fizz.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

I like Bacon said:

Anyway, Samus Link Link and Young Link can do this in Melee. So it isn't exactly new info. Oh well, as long as the old info is out of the way, we can get a lot of new info.

Wait...what?  I thought Link and Youn Link's Up-B moves were the sword spin?  How did they tether?  I didn't use them much, so maybe I missed something?

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

This isn't old info...Samus, Link, and Young Link's grab move allowed them to do this. Samus had a grapple beam and the Links had their hookshot, which would attach to any section of a vertical wall.

But this isn't a grab, this is a B-up move, which changes strategies quite a bit.  Like, what happens if ZSS uses this move next to an enemy?  Does it pull them in, or just whip them? 

The cliff grab was pretty useful sometimes...though I usually just bomb-jumped all the way back with Samus and then hit the person waiting for me with a Screw Attack.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )