By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

BenKenobi88 said:

Holy Crap Update: Pokémon Trainer

Holy Jesus Friggin Batshit Robin...

Nintendo have just doubled the sales of the game :P. Its now officially the first Pokemon "fighting" game. Can't wait to see how the Pokemon vary, what sort of moves they will have and more.

Can anyone imagine what "Pokemon Smash Brawl" could be like?

I have no doubt Sonic will appear in Brawl - none at all. The real question is will anyone else appear in it...?

(Zombie from RE? Character from DragonBall Z???)

Time will tell :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
shams said:

Character from DragonBall Z???)

Sakurai said no characters from animes or other similar shows.

I like Bacon said:

2. By stamina he means the speed of the characters will be different. Charizard might run slower than the others.

I dunno about that. Seems much more likely to me that by "stamina" he was referring to how it's a bad idea to either keep a pokemon for too long on the field, or to change them too fast.

Amazing concept there.
Very Cool.

I've seen my buddy playing Pokemon on the old Gameboy, but am unfamiliar with the games after the original one, so my question to people who know.

Do each of the games have the same basic 3 set starters? Like a Fire / Water / Earth monster?
If so, could variations of the characters be different trainers with different 3 set combos from different sequels of the game?

(Basically, the same moves, but different skins for the different versions of starter Pokemon over the years?)
That'd be cool.
(KInd of how Peach could be "Daisy" or Mario had a "Wario" costume in Melee.

If they want to get the tip of Iceberg.
Add Sonic, Add Megaman, And Simon B.
And add PAC MAN. (Just imagine that stage and the hype of all the best video game characters beating the tar out of each other.

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Parokki said:
I like Bacon said:

2. By stamina he means the speed of the characters will be different. Charizard might run slower than the others.

I dunno about that. Seems much more likely to me that by "stamina" he was referring to how it's a bad idea to either keep a pokemon for too long on the field, or to change them too fast.

maybe.

Around the Network

OMFG! No-one was expecting the Pokemon Trainer!

I like Bacon said:
shams said:

Character from DragonBall Z???)

Sakurai said no characters from animes or other similar shows.

He said characters have to have made an appearance on a Nintendo console. That means no anime-only characters, but pretty much the entire crew of Dragonball fits the bill. 

Not that I'd want any of those guys in my Smash Bros. Can't think of a single DB game that's important or memorable enough to warrant a character in Brawl.

Plz don't kick me... but I tried playing SSBM for maybe 3 minutes and didn't get it. Flashing stuff everywhere, no basic moves, I was like wtf and turned it off (and never turned it back on since). Same for a good friend (the owner of the game, who gave it to me since he didn't know what to do with it).

BUT I do know this is completely my fault, I should have tried harder or read the manual or dunno. It's just that I prefer simple, groovy old school fighers - Street Fighter II, to be precise.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
ElRhodeo said:
Plz don't kick me... but I tried playing SSBM for maybe 3 minutes and didn't get it. Flashing stuff everywhere, no basic moves, I was like wtf and turned it off (and never turned it back on since). Same for a good friend (the owner of the game, who gave it to me since he didn't know what to do with it).

BUT I do know this is completely my fault, I should have tried harder or read the manual or dunno. It's just that I prefer simple, groovy old school fighers - Street Fighter II, to be precise.

You should have gave it more than 3 minutes. There are basic moves, with the A button. Special moves with the B button. and you can do most of the attacks in pretty much any direction you want. My favorite GC game.

*kicks you*

ElRhodeo said:

Plz don't kick me... but I tried playing Halo 2 for maybe 3 minutes and didn't get it. Flashing stuff everywhere, no basic guns, I was like wtf and turned it off (and never turned it back on since). Same for a good friend (the owner of the game, who gave it to me since he didn't know what to do with it).

BUT I do know this is completely my fault, I should have tried harder or read the manual or dunno. It's just that I prefer simple, groovy old school shooters - Duke Nukem, to be precise.