By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

I like Bacon said:
Erik Aston said:
What's the deal with the list of franchise icons I see here and there...

A list of 18, which people seem to be filling in randomly when new icons are seen, most recently the Earthbound/Mother icon... Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Where is this coming from?

I know what you're talking about. You just right click an icon and click on properties. This is the only pic I could find. Ignore # 13, 14, 17, 19, and 20. This is just a prediction of what someone thinks will be put into those slots and these 5 numbers are not confirmed at all! Also, I had to make the image a little smaller, otherwise, it won't be able to fit on the page.

I don't believe Game and Watch, Ice Climber and Pikmin will be in this game so those slots can say bye bye... Sonic PLEASE be in it... maybe Sonic AND Knuckles if we get lucky.  Any other Konami characters other than Snake? God damn this game is going to be the most absolute AWESOME ever made. 

Around the Network

Ouch! i just gave it another 10 mins, and... yeah... a little better, but there's so much scripted stuff going on, every buttons has like 10 context sensitive actions... but I'll give it a try. 

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
ArtofAngels said:
ElRhodeo said:
Plz don't kick me... but I tried playing SSBM for maybe 3 minutes and didn't get it. Flashing stuff everywhere, no basic moves, I was like wtf and turned it off (and never turned it back on since). Same for a good friend (the owner of the game, who gave it to me since he didn't know what to do with it).

BUT I do know this is completely my fault, I should have tried harder or read the manual or dunno. It's just that I prefer simple, groovy old school fighers - Street Fighter II, to be precise.

Plz don't kick me... but I tried playing Halo 2 for maybe 3 minutes and didn't get it. Flashing stuff everywhere, no basic guns, I was like wtf and turned it off (and never turned it back on since). Same for a good friend (the owner of the game, who gave it to me since he didn't know what to do with it).

BUT I do know this is completely my fault, I should have tried harder or read the manual or dunno. It's just that I prefer simple, groovy old school shooters - Duke Nukem, to be precise.

LOL... Street Fighter II... simple... I laugh at you!

ArtofAngels said:
ElRhodeo said:
Plz don't kick me... but I tried playing SSBM for maybe 3 minutes and didn't get it. Flashing stuff everywhere, no basic moves, I was like wtf and turned it off (and never turned it back on since). Same for a good friend (the owner of the game, who gave it to me since he didn't know what to do with it).

BUT I do know this is completely my fault, I should have tried harder or read the manual or dunno. It's just that I prefer simple, groovy old school fighers - Street Fighter II, to be precise.

Plz don't kick me... but I tried playing Halo 2 for maybe 3 minutes and didn't get it. Flashing stuff everywhere, no basic guns, I was like wtf and turned it off (and never turned it back on since). Same for a good friend (the owner of the game, who gave it to me since he didn't know what to do with it).

BUT I do know this is completely my fault, I should have tried harder or read the manual or dunno. It's just that I prefer simple, groovy old school shooters - Duke Nukem, to be precise.

Yeah, good example, what's so funny? :) I didn't say "SSBM sux0rs", I just expressed MY thoughts. I think that Brawlers lost their accessibility more than other genres. 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
OriGin said:

LOL... Street Fighter II... simple... I laugh at you!

?

Compared to newer games, Street Fighter II is very basic... I like that. And there's still a lot of depth in it, it's "easy to learn, hard to master", as they say. There's no WTF moment when you first pick it up, you've got 6 basic moves, jumping + maybe 2-4 special moves.

Whatever, it's cool that genres keep evolving, but with fighting games I lost it somewhere. Was it "Virtua Fighter" that started the whole "Up up up down left 180° left hold B back back up jump"-mania? I hated that. 

Around the Network

It's easy for us Smash fans to laugh at this guy, but the game can be very confusing initially. I had no idea what was going on when I first played it either, but was playing with 3 other people and had the time of my life.

The basics are really simple. You move with the left analog stick and jump with either up on the stick or Y/X. The big green button is your basic attack and the small red one is the special attack. Just pressing the button is one attack, while pressing up, down, or left/right and an attack button simultaneously does a different attack. You don't have to remember combinations like left-down-right-down-kick+punch for this game, all the attacks are done with A or B and a direction. Don't worry about not remembering them with all characters, you'll learn your favorite soon enough.

I could write a longer explanation, but the game has a pretty good "How to play" video of its own, and there are hordes of guides on the net. Just take it slow, and play with a friend because the whole point of the game is to goof around with your mates.

It might be a good idea to use the slow motion mode under "Special Melee" or something, because the game is pretty darn fast.

Parokki said:
It's easy for us Smash fans to laugh at this guy, but the game can be very confusing initially. I had no idea what was going on when I first played it either, but was playing with 3 other people and had the time of my life.

The basics are really simple. You move with the left analog stick and jump with either up on the stick or Y/X. The big green button is your basic attack and the small red one is the special attack. Just pressing the button is one attack, while pressing up, down, or left/right and an attack button simultaneously does a different attack. You don't have to remember combinations like left-down-right-down-kick+punch for this game, all the attacks are done with A or B and a direction. Don't worry about not remembering them with all characters, you'll learn your favorite soon enough.

I could write a longer explanation, but the game has a pretty good "How to play" video of its own, and there are hordes of guides on the net. Just take it slow, and play with a friend because the whole point of the game is to goof around with your mates.

It might be a good idea to use the slow motion mode under "Special Melee" or something, because the game is pretty darn fast.

Thanks, that's cool. I honestly wasn't trying to piss off anybody, but as you said, SSBM is just very confusing and chaotic at the beginning.

Man that's a very cool update, everytime that come out with something they always seem to release something better. Can't wait til this comes out.

AWESOME UPDATE
I got chills down my spine just for the fact that i'm going to be able to play as CHARIZARD, best pokemon ever I tell you.

Now, this pokemon trainer is Satoshi (ash, red), what if by changing the costume or the coor you can get Shigeru (gary, green/blue). That would be fricking great :).

They could even get the girl character as a different costume/set that way we could have an extra female character for girls hehe.

Boy was I late to the party. I need to start waking up earlier. This is definitely going to boost sales. I am now officially going to switch my best-seller prediction this holiday season from Galaxy to SSBB.

What else would be cool is if somehow you were actually able to reach Ash with an attack to really screw him up. Like with Pit's Final Smash, which had the centurions coming out of the background. They could conceivably attack him, although I guess that would go against the Pokemon style/philosophy, or whatever the heck you want to call it.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...