By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

When you beat him, does he give you money?

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

Also, I'm prepared to beat the crap outta Squirtle...but fighting a playable Charizard? Crazy!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Y'know...

I saw lots of people suggest Ash or "Pokemon Trainer" as a character, but the idea was always having tons of Pokeballs and the Trainer being on the stage... Which would be lame.

Furthermore, I think everyone knew the original starters were some of the most deserving Pokemon, but there was always the "if one is in, they all need to be in" problem.

Two birds, meet one stone.

I also think having the "stamina" thing helps the dev team not have to balance all three Pokemon perfectly with the rest of the characters. They can give each wildly different, possibly unbalanced attributes, and hopefully the balance comes from needing to switch characters at a moderate pace.

The need to switch also means a Zelda/Sheik situation won't occur, where everyone just plays the better character all the time. Good players will need a full three-character strategy.

I can already envision people starting as Venusaur, switching to Charizard to get the KO, then simply evading with Squirtle, and repeating.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Also this update shows the pokemon stage. I was just wondering if these pokemon will be able to use items. i mean can you imagine ivysaur using an item. i guess he'll just use his vine whip thingy.

Squirtle is the size of the smaller characters like Pikachu and Kirby, Ivysaur is about the size of mid-sized fighters like Fox and Link, and Charizard is about the size of big fighters like Bowser and Donkey Kong.

Around the Network

I was going to predict something about Metroid this week...like a stage or Ridley.

I think we'll hear some Pokemon music this week, along with the Pokemon Stadium by the end of the week.

I bet we'll see some Metroid stuff around MP:C time...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Final Smash = Mew

"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Wait a second...4 player Pokemon Trainers...

4 trainers in the background, constantly switching out Pokemon...crazy!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Also: what does this mean for how many new characters are possible?

Melee had 14 new characters counting Sheik, but 6 of those were clones. That's only 8 all-new movesets. We already have Wario, Meta-Knight, Pit, Snake, Zamus, Ike, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard. That's 9, and we have over 3 months to go.

It's setting my hopes very high for this game...and I already thought it was amazing...

It seems a lot of the crazy character predictions could come true with this much time left...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM