By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Huh?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Holy Crap Update: Pokémon Trainer

No way! The Pokémon Trainer has finally arrived. And it looks like he doesn’t do his fighting directly.

Instead, he uses the three Pokémon with him—Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard—to do the fighting for him.

Pokémon change!

The Pokémon Trainer watches from the background.

Is... Is he issuing commands?!

He needs to use his three Pokémon to fight. So the only ones who fight directly are the Pokémon.

I guess you could say using this character is like playing three for the price of one!

And the Pokémon Trainer uses a special move called Pokémon Change to switch between them.

<Down Special Move: Pokémon change>

Good job, Ivysaur! Come back!

The returning Pokémon tags the next Pokémon.

Charizard! I choose you!

They swap out in a set order: Squirtle→Ivysaur→Charizard.

They all share the same damage meter, so they don’t recover from damage during Pokémon Change. But they also have another stat, which you might call stamina.

If you keep fighting with the same Pokémon, or if you change them out too often, it’s not so good for the Pokémon.

If you want to be a good Pokémon Trainer, you’ll need to learn these kinds of ins and outs.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Basically it is a 3 character switch out by way of the trainer who you don't control. Interesting none the less and the first completely new character!  Unless you count Ike, but since Roy and Marth were in Melee and they are so similar, I wouldn't.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awsome, i cant believe this is a playable character. I wasnt expecting that. Best update yet

h...HOW is this gonna work?

This is gonna be interesting.

Edit: Okay, never mind, I forget to read the 2nd post. 

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network

Well, for those people who wanted fewer Playable pokemon, I think Sakurai just peed on you.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Wow, that's actually really cool and completely unexpected. Definitely one of the best updates yet.

I don't care about Pokemon that much...but this game is GOLD! GOOOOLLLDD!!

This is such a strange character...characters?

I love how he's just standing in the back too...there's a lot more characters onscreen this time around....

EDIT:  The "Huh?" was to Erik about his icon comment.

Also...AMAZING!  Stamina?  wtf?   Lots more depth with this game it seems.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I wonder what this will look like on the bridge level. It doesn't seem like there would be a lot of room for the trainer to stand.

-edit-

And yeah, I don't care too much about the trainer, but this is an awesome trainer because 1) it's completely left field gameplay wise and 2) it was beyond unexpected.  Did anyone have Pokemon Trainer on their SSBB prospect list? 

WHOLLY FUCKENHUGETON!