By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - US Market...thats that then...

The PS3 doesn't have to beat the price of stand alone blu ray players, if blue ray demand decides to pick up (which it will not for a couple of years). It only has to be close enough that people say, I'll pay an extra $50 or $100 and get a PS3 to do both.

Right now the value of blue ray is closer to $0-$25 for most people, as they are not very interested in it. That value will grow.

Around the Network

The PS3 often sells more than the 360 (especially in Japan, which is key), so it's not exactly floundering in last place. It has no hope for 1st, but if it paces itself, it can hold out a couple of years and come in second.

colonelstubbs said:

Just you wait

Isn't that Sony's Slogan? 

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

kowenicki said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
kowenicki said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

PS3 will make a huge comeback and win with the 360 in a distant third place. Wii a close second place. The 360 can't do anything to stop the Wii and PS3 just flying past and into the distance.

blind faith or rank stupidity....? hard to tell! whats the point in even posting that kind of sentiment driven garbage?

i am just a deluded fanboy.

Thats what i thought.....

Hey, at least he's honest about it.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

it prolly will be last in US market.. but all the games will be on it as it will STILL have outsold xbox 360 everywhere esle and will have sold more consoles WW then 360. so it will be in second place WW. It will also have a huge market in USA as its catching or beating xbox 360 sales in USA and killing it everywhere esle.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Dno said:
it prolly will be last in US market.. but all the games will be on it as it will STILL have outsold xbox 360 everywhere esle and will have sold more consoles WW then 360. so it will be in second place WW. It will also have a huge market in USA as its catching or beating xbox 360 sales in USA and killing it everywhere esle.

this is about the US... but just to humour you... how much has the PS3 gained on the 360 worldwide in the last 6 months? seeing as its "killing" it...

By the way anyone who doesnt think the 360 will be very aggressivley priced come year end in the US is in for a mighty shock in my opinion... I see large price drops on the horizon.

PS3 has outsold the 360 world wide in the last 6 month by a total of 1.3 million consoles. That is an average win by the PS3 over the 360 by 50000 consoles over 26 weeks. 26 * 50000 = 1.3 million.

kowenicki said:
Dno said:

this is about the US... but just to humour you... how much has the PS3 gained on the 360 worldwide in the last 6 months?  seeing as its "killing" it...

By the way anyone who doesnt think the 360 will be very aggressivley priced come year end in the US is in for a mighty shock in my opinion...  I see large price drops on the horizon.

Its gained quite a lot and thats with a higher price and not as many games.. thats saying something. ps3 went from selling a lot less to selling almost 100k more a month in 1 year... if you do not think that will grow when all the must have games drop then your a fanboy.

If you think for a second microsoft will drop the price in USA anytime soon your crazy thats the only market they are doing good in.. but if they do so will sony.

Rock_on_2008 said:
kowenicki said:
Dno said:

this is about the US... but just to humour you... how much has the PS3 gained on the 360 worldwide in the last 6 months? seeing as its "killing" it...

By the way anyone who doesnt think the 360 will be very aggressivley priced come year end in the US is in for a mighty shock in my opinion... I see large price drops on the horizon.

PS3 has outsold the 360 in the last 6 month by a total of 1.3 million consoles. That is an average win by the PS3 over the 360 by 50000 consoles over 26 weeks. 26 * 50000 = 1.3 million.

Yes thank you i didnt wonna look anything up

Rock_on_2008 said:

PS3 will make a huge comeback and win with the 360 in a distant third place. Wii a close second place. The 360 can't do anything to stop the Wii and PS3 just flying past and into the distance.

I don't know what you are smoking, but I definitely want some of that.

@kowenicki

In the OP are you comparing Britney Spears to the Wii or 360? 

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

The PS3 is still (almost) 7m units behind the 360 in the US - even at 30k per week, it would take around 4 years to overtake the 360.

MS have a lot more ammo than Sony for the rest of the year - there WILL be a newer, better model of the 360 - and there WILL be a price cut. Sales should explode around Xmas.

And lets not forget the small thing that is exclusive GTA content...

I'll be surprised if the 360 doesn't extend its lead (in the US) over the 360 by at LEAST 1m units by the end of the year.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099