By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - US Market...thats that then...

Scruff7 said:
agreed.

too much McDonalds, not enough serloin steak and frites...

Oh, the arrogance and conceit of those who refuse to realize that the Wii in fact represents the direction of the future and the X360 and PS3 are stuck in a past with inaccessible and overly complex controls which were gradually driving gamers and potential gamers away and shrinking the market.

Around the Network

In the United States, it will be this

1. Wii
2. 360
3. PS3

It will be close for second place, but for the most part 360 will stay 2nd in the US this generation.

Grampy said:
Scruff7 said:
agreed.

too much McDonalds, not enough serloin steak and frites...

Oh, the arrogance and conceit of those who refuse to realize that the Wii in fact represents the direction of the future and the X360 and PS3 are stuck in a past with inaccessible and overly complex controls which were gradually driving gamers and potential gamers away and shrinking the market.

If that's the future, then I don't want to be a part of it. The last thing I need is thousands of shovelware games covering the market. And this topic is about US sales of this generation, so let's keep it that way.

In both Japan and Europe/Others it will be Wii>PS3>360.

Americas it will be Wii>360>PS3. But this could change take into account PS3 exclusives for late 2008 and beyond. 

colonelstubbs said:
The 360 has already peaked...PS3 sales are outselling it on a weekly basis...more big releases this year...however if you check one of my other posts today, you will see i think the PS3 will outsell the 360 in NA but it will take a helluva long time to do it

yeah it'll pass it once the X720 is released in nov 2011. ;) hahaha

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

Around the Network
shams said:
The PS3 is still (almost) 7m units behind the 360 in the US - even at 30k per week, it would take around 4 years to overtake the 360.

MS have a lot more ammo than Sony for the rest of the year - there WILL be a newer, better model of the 360 - and there WILL be a price cut. Sales should explode around Xmas.

And lets not forget the small thing that is exclusive GTA content...

I'll be surprised if the 360 doesn't extend its lead (in the US) over the 360 by at LEAST 1m units by the end of the year.

If I may play devils advocate here, there are certain arguments to be made about the PS3 eventually surpassing the X360 this gen. Sony's line that they will support the PS3 well into 2011/2012 is one of them - thus validating you're numbers even. I also suspect Microsoft to release a new console a lot sooner then Nintendo and Sony (Ey, if we can get 10M in NA with a year head start, see what we can do with a TWO year head start?!) 

I also believe that Sony has the edge on production cost-cuts over MS, and as we have seen last year - price cuts can make all the difference.

And who knows, BR may actually take huge leap. You never know how trends evolve. To me, pokemon, DVD and Nordic walking came overnight.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Rock_on_2008 said:
In both Japan and Europe/Others it will be Wii>PS3>360.

Well DUH! the 360 is damn near extinct in Japan. lol

In Others/Euro Sony will still beat the X360, but not by much.

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

kowenicki said:
Dno said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
kowenicki said:
Dno said:
it prolly will be last in US market.. but all the games will be on it as it will STILL have outsold xbox 360 everywhere esle and will have sold more consoles WW then 360. so it will be in second place WW. It will also have a huge market in USA as its catching or beating xbox 360 sales in USA and killing it everywhere esle.

this is about the US... but just to humour you... how much has the PS3 gained on the 360 worldwide in the last 6 months? seeing as its "killing" it...

By the way anyone who doesnt think the 360 will be very aggressivley priced come year end in the US is in for a mighty shock in my opinion... I see large price drops on the horizon.

PS3 has outsold the 360 in the last 6 month by a total of 1.3 million consoles. That is an average win by the PS3 over the 360 by 50000 consoles over 26 weeks. 26 * 50000 = 1.3 million.

Yes thank you i didnt wonna look anything up

so 2 years just to catch up then, barring no changes in price points.... ok... we'll see.

Well there will be changes in price cut... but in ps3 favor... we all know how good the 360 price drop did in japan and in "others"..........

But on the other hand the 40 gig ps3 single handedly took the ps3 from a guaranteed 3rd place to and guaranteed 2nd place.thats without any big games as you fanboys claim. (i have dozens of great games on my ps3 so i hate it when people still use the "no games" title cause its not true)

So you are right we will see.....

Just because the 360 sales in others didnt pass the PS3 sales doesnt mean the price cut didnt do anything. Werent reports saying that sales increased over 50%.

Lets assume the same thing happens in the US. That puts the 360 selling about 300,000 in April instead of 200,000. That would be about 100,000 more than the PS3.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

revolutions said:
colonelstubbs said:
The 360 has already peaked...PS3 sales are outselling it on a weekly basis...more big releases this year...however if you check one of my other posts today, you will see i think the PS3 will outsell the 360 in NA but it will take a helluva long time to do it

yeah it'll pass it once the X720 is released in nov 2011. ;) hahaha

Next XBox will arrive I guess November 2010. XBox 720 name sounds terrible. MS will  hopefully come up with something better than that.