By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 -9 hours of cinematics, 21 hours gameplay=30 hour game. Good or bad?

Well the thing was that with Kojima's comments about 50GB not being enough, a lot of us were thinking that having a hell of a lot of content would justify that kind of size.

I think the gameplay length is the smallest indicator for the size of a game. You should rather take the number of levels. Level size. detail ... You do not have to draw out the playing time for 200 hours to make much content.
I mean conversely some of the old games could fit on a 1.44MB disc and had 100 hours of gameplay.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:

Well, it pretty much garauntees I won't buy this game, but that's simply indicative of my tastes. I'm sure it's a great thing for people who already enjoyed MGS' story and dialogue.

That's like me saying that the new Dogz game has too many cutscenes and not enough gameplay.

And if you can't understand that analogy, I'm basically commenting on the fact that you probably never planned to buy it in the first place.

9 hours of cutscene !!! that's like 10 games worth of cutscene ...

@rocketpig

is this gonna be our first actual...proper PS3 game??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well fantastic to know it's got 9 hours of cinematic ;) In retrospect to the past games thats great news indeed ^^ To be honest I'm in the same boat as the OP and totally wouldn't mind a 50/50 split :D But I LIKE Kojima's over the top style ^^ so maybe that's just a few of us. I'm really curious as to how they're going to have 21 hours of gameplay though o.O; Thats pretty massive for a story driven non/rpg/non puzzle type game.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

On second thought, maybe it's just catering more to the PS3's demographic.

I mean, a lot of people bought the PS3 for bluray movies so maybe adding more movie and less game is what PS3 owners are interested in. 

Words Of Wisdom said:

On second thought, maybe it's just catering more to the PS3's demographic.

I mean, a lot of people bought the PS3 for bluray movies so maybe adding more movie and less game is what PS3 owners are interested in.

Zing?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I don't see a problem with it. I've enjoyed MGS games and while MGS2's cutscene and codec sequences were way too long and I think that Kojima fixes this in MGS3. MGS3's cutscenes were cool to watch as opposed to many of MGS2's so if the improvements made in MGS3 are improved on yet again in MGS4, I'm happy.

Still, there is also the '21 hours of gameplay' part and going by complaints from people that games are becoming shorter and shorter, why should this be a problem?

darthdevidem01 said:
@rocketpig

is this gonna be our first actual...proper PS3 game??

First proper exclusive, that's for sure. There have been plenty of other good games but this is the first real "blockbuster" for the system in my eyes.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I'm sure that it is a very good game but I prefer to play games as opposed to watching them. I thought that was what gamers liked to do ( play games that is).

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger