By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 -9 hours of cinematics, 21 hours gameplay=30 hour game. Good or bad?

The latest interview with psm mgs4 reviewer reveals the game will contain over 9 hours of cutscenes, about 1/3rd of a 30 hour game.

I'm somewhat disappointed to tell the truth I was hoping for more cutscenes and a 50/50 ratio but its still not bad. Still 30 hours long (21 hours of gameplay) is a record for any MGS game. What do you guys think about the game length? Satisfied, disappointed?

Around the Network

its better then alot of the game the ps3 has had..

heck it even puts to shame some of the "big guns" from teh other systems

I was hoping for more cutscenes and a 50/50 ratio

sarcasm? If I buy it I hope that the cutscenes are skippable.

Good. I would rather be playing than watching. I have plenty of movies to watch if I want a passive experience.

I'm most excited to try out the new control scheme in this game. I abhorred the previous MGS control systems, especially MGS3.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

9 hours of cinematics is bad, yes. 9 hours of Hideo Kojima scripted cinematics is even worse.

Around the Network

What interview said it had nine hours of cutscenes, and thirty hours of gameplay? I'd like a link

Kyros said:
I was hoping for more cutscenes and a 50/50 ratio

sarcasm? If I buy it I hope that the cutscenes are skippable.
No? I loved how MGS2 had more cutscenes than gameplay. Still, MGS2 only had 5 hours of cinema, MGS4 almost doubles that so I cant complain.

I'm glad it's only 9hrs. Even that is pushing it....50/50 split is too much IMO. The MGS stories are convoluted enough as it is. I also find it kind of funny that a game with 9hours of cutscenes can be considered too little.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

If true, I'm more disappointed at the overall total... 30 hours.  For the amount of BS I've heard about how much "gameplay" this game is going to have, that's pathetic. 

Desroko said:
9 hours of cinematics is bad, yes. 9 hours of Hideo Kojima scripted cinematics is even worse.

*giggles*

Amen. Anyway, I'm actually slightly encouraged by that number. I was expecting hours and hours and hours of cutscenes with little gameplay.

Maybe Kojima has learned to restrain himself a bit? We can always hope. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/