By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 -9 hours of cinematics, 21 hours gameplay=30 hour game. Good or bad?

konnichiwa said:
Well that is pretty awesome for me.

It looks like that this gen games can't be longer than 10-12 hours.

Well I love the story of MGS so I would love to see the cut scenes...Well if you hate them you always can skip them and still have 20 hours of gameplay;

This may sound as a Leo-J comment but 'You aren't playing MGS if you skip the cut-scenes' =p.

OFF TOPIC : love the sig , i'll continue it in honour of you if you get perma-banned.

Around the Network

I don't like MGS games. I played only MGS2. Just too much cutscenes, I prefer to play games, not to watch movies. If you like "movie like" games - 9 h lol! This is your game!
Ahhh Splinter Cell is comming.

That Guy said:
It boasts 21 hours of gameplay, but can't you rush through a MGS game in like less than 2 hours?

They have speed runs for MGS 1 and 2, right? I think its probably 21 hours if you look for and find every easter egg in the game.

As for 9 hours of cinematics, does that count the stupid codec conversations you have with Otacon and whatnot? I always skipped through those.

I was on the fence about getting a PS3 for MGS but being that its such a big investment for one game, but that game will probably take me less than 20 hours to beat it. (though MGS as a series has never been known for being a long game) I'll probably hold off until PS3 gets more stuff.

You can rush through almost every game. The speed runs are about 1 hour 55 min for MGS1, 1 hour 35 min for MGS2, and 1 hour 25 min for MGS3. As a comparison, the speed run for Halo is about 1 hour 35 minutes and the speed run for Metroid Prime is just over 1 hour.

You can't really single out MGS as a game you can rush through.

Imperial said:
konnichiwa said:
Well that is pretty awesome for me.

It looks like that this gen games can't be longer than 10-12 hours.

Well I love the story of MGS so I would love to see the cut scenes...Well if you hate them you always can skip them and still have 20 hours of gameplay;

This may sound as a Leo-J comment but 'You aren't playing MGS if you skip the cut-scenes' =p.

OFF TOPIC : love the sig , i'll continue it in honour of you if you get perma-banned.

Lolz thx bro :).

21 hours of gameplay is 2x the lengh of other games (Uncharted, Heavenly Sword...) And MGS 4 has a great online mode.

Around the Network

If those numbers are true for the average player, then pretty good numbers for the PS3. The HD consoles seem to suffer quite a bit from short games, due to high development costs, so exceptions are very welcome.

No one mentionned that most of those cutscenes will still be somewhat interactive, since you can change the angle of view (look at the scene from different character perspective, or suveillance cameras), or even look for hidden items in the surrounding area where the cutscene is taking place. So 9 hours is definitaly not too much.

i love the people who are saying they wish they could skip cutscences and skip on the "Sneaking" i think were missing the point of Metal Gear somewhere......idk my freinds one of those who thinks of MGS as a First Person shooter than he can just go around shooting everything. but 30 hours of gameplay for this gen game if thats true thank god.

Incert Witty Comment on how i'm a fanboy of all systems including PC here.

Yeah, why skip the cutscenes first time through. The MGS series has been known for their excellent stories

Where is the link?

21 hours of gameplay is not bad at all.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)