By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 -9 hours of cinematics, 21 hours gameplay=30 hour game. Good or bad?

Sounds like a decent game length to me.

9 hours of cinematics is quite long, but I enjoy the MGS storylines, so I don't mind.

Around the Network

People complaining about 21 hours have to put it into perspective. Is that from a take-it-slow type of game, where the gamer took in the whole game, or a blast-through-it type of game, where the gamer rushed to the finish. My first MGS 2 game took 18 hours exactly, while the other week i finished it in 5. It must depend on the player

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

9 hours....The length of 6 feature movies, or a whole season tv show. Its gonna be awesome. I hope theres a way to shorten the gameplay parts tho because if they drag on longer than 20 minutes ill be really bored. hopefully on easy difficulty theres less to go through.

Soriku, it's ironic you're saying that cutscenes are bad.

Didn't we watch half of Kingdom Hearts II?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

Yes we did.  Kingdom Hearts II was a very story heavy game.  Lenghty cutscenes IMO are not that bad if the story is good.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
dtewi said:

Yes we did.  Kingdom Hearts II was a very story heavy game.  Lenghty cutscenes IMO are not that bad if the story is good.

When did "very story heavy" come to mean "lengthy cutscenes?"

Words Of Wisdom said:

If true, I'm more disappointed at the overall total... 30 hours.  For the amount of BS I've heard about how much "gameplay" this game is going to have, that's pathetic. 

So length of the game determines gameplay quality? gotcha. I guess Portal is one of the worst games I've played recently.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Words Of Wisdom said:
Riachu said:
dtewi said:

Yes we did. Kingdom Hearts II was a very story heavy game. Lenghty cutscenes IMO are not that bad if the story is good.

When did "very story heavy" come to mean "lengthy cutscenes?"

Story heavy means that there is a lot of cutscenes and look at the examples. i.e. Xenosaga, Xenogears, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts II  They all have lenghty cutscenes

Well i guess thats 9 hours worth of tomy tanking

Ugh...

I hope they have a Very Easy setting, so I can just use my stun gun through the whole game.

I'm a fan of MGS's story. The gameplay doesn't do it for me.