By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone Bought FF CC: My Life as a King yet?

dude buy this game

it is that good!

Yes, its a little slow at first
i sorta hated it for the first hour or so
but once u get used to the feel of it
and things start picking up
you'll never look back!!!

Tell me what u think of it when u buy it k?

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

Around the Network

I played more than 3 hours yesterday and only got to the lvl 5 dungeon.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Think it's probably 10-12 hours, or atleast that's how long it took me. Then it just depends if you actually want to replay it on a higher difficulty. Which I'm debating, if the higher difficulty forces me to get the characters to a higher level then I'll probably be all for it, since the last place was only level 25

I have it, bought all the extra content (minus the costumes because that's just a bit silly) and I am hopelessly addicted. It's almost like they made the game specifically for me, so I can't give you a relatively even-handed appraisal, but I am *loving* it.

It's basically Civilization for Kids (and I don't mean that in a backhanded way) so if you want a more story-driven Civ-lite, you could do a lot worse than this. Also, if you liked the classic SNES title Actraiser there's a good chance you'll like this (albeit you don't have any action sequences here, but it is very similar--though deeper--than the sim sequences in that gem). If you actually performed the quests that you send out AI to handle for you in this game, it would be Actraiser 3 (woe to the missed opportunity!!)

I'd also state that the graphics and the music are some of the best on Wii to date (a plus for SE but a big slap at most other Wii developers) and it's also pretty nice that, unlike on Xbox Live, the storage space restrictions (in the 40 meg range) aren't nearly as harmful on a console that only does 480p as they are in a lot of content on the HD 360 (e.g. the low-res textures in a lot of Live Arcade titles look awful at 720p and up due to the 50 meg limit choking off detail).

That said, at $30 or so for the content I have right now, it's a steal.

exindguy said:
I have it, bought all the extra content (minus the costumes because that's just a bit silly) and I am hopelessly addicted. It's almost like they made the game specifically for me, so I can't give you a relatively even-handed appraisal, but I am *loving* it.

It's basically Civilization for Kids (and I don't mean that in a backhanded way) so if you want a more story-driven Civ-lite, you could do a lot worse than this. Also, if you liked the classic SNES title Actraiser there's a good chance you'll like this (albeit you don't have any action sequences here, but it is very similar--though deeper--than the sim sequences in that gem). If you actually performed the quests that you send out AI to handle for you in this game, it would be Actraiser 3.

I'd also state that the graphics and the music are some of the best on Wii to date (a plus for SE but a big slap at most other Wii developers) and it's also pretty nice that, unlike on Xbox Live, the storage space restrictions (in the 40 meg range) aren't nearly as harmful on a console that only does 480p as they are in a lot of content on the HD 360 (e.g. the low-res textures in a lot of Live Arcade titles look awful at 720p and up due to the 50 meg limit choking off detail).

That said, at $30 or so for the content I have right now, it's a steal.

My thoughts exactly. This is easily a retail game as far as quality and length are conserned. They give it to you for $15 and offer all the extra content as an option. 

I bought the race pack, as well as the Luxiourious Homes and the 11 dungeon pack.  

Around the Network

i'm thinking about it

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

SaviorX said:
Is this game really only 3 hours?
I think you're talking about LostWinds which I have heard that it is only about 3 hours long.

SaviorX said:
Is this game really only 3 hours?

I think you are confused with LostWinds.

NVM, beaten to it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I would like to try it if the DLC was real, but most of the downloadable content is already in the file and by paying for it as DLC it just unlocks it. Boo SE!

.:Dark Prince:. said:
I would like to try it if the DLC was real, but most of the downloadable content is already in the file and by paying for it as DLC it just unlocks it. Boo SE!

I don't like paying for 'additional' content but are you actually saying you'd be willing to pay for it if you downloaded it separately? Sounds like a semantic difference to me... 

That said, you're still getting a very, very good deal if you go for the  full package--it's about $30 for a game that would have been $50 at retail (yes, there is sufficient content so justify that price tag). Granted, you don't get a box, disc or proper manual but I'll take the $20.

As far as future DLC goes, I think they're walking a bit of a tightrope in thinking that people are going to be playing this game for months and months and/or the newer content is going to be so compelling that you're going to want to start playing it again, so it's really a double-edged sword past the initial launch window (typically I am not the kind of gamer that goes back to games after the initial thrill is gone unless we're talking years later).