By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Sales UP---Ps360--OUCH!!

azrm2k said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Also others might be more hungry for MGS4 than NA.

I'd agree with that.  Both MGS2 and MGS3 sold better in others according to VGC data.  And we actually have launch data for MGS3 which shows that the Others launch owned the NA launch (411k to 183k).

That's true but the MGS4 bundle is coming after a GTA4 bundle and a GT5P bundle in Others.

I'm not saying the game won't sell well there, I'm just saying it won't sell as many consoles as in NA ( look at PS3 sales in Others, they have been high since GT5P).

In NA on the other hand, we haven't had decent bundle in a while and that bundle marks the reintroduction of the 80Gb so it should move more consoles... 

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Realistically, how many people do you think are willing to spend $400 for 1 game (when you include the console, game, and tax)? If you wanted other games that have already been released for the PS3 or XBox 360 as well as Grand Theft Auto 4 you probably already bought the system.

As I've said before, there are no "System Sellers" in the way that most fanboys think there are system sellers ...

I disagree... on four games... at least.

Madden, Gran Turismo 5, Pro Evoluiton Soccer and FIFA.

There are people who will buy consoles just to have 1 of those 4 games.  Well maybe 2 when it comes to Pro Evo/Fifa.

Kasz216 said:
HappySqurriel said:

Realistically, how many people do you think are willing to spend $400 for 1 game (when you include the console, game, and tax)? If you wanted other games that have already been released for the PS3 or XBox 360 as well as Grand Theft Auto 4 you probably already bought the system.

As I've said before, there are no "System Sellers" in the way that most fanboys think there are system sellers ...

There are people who will buy consoles just to have 1 of those 4 games.  Well maybe 2 when it comes to Pro Evo/Fifa.

I know plenty of people who bought it just for MLB 08 The Show. Maybe nowhere near as much as those other games, but still enough considering it is the best Baseball game franchise out there.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
HappySqurriel said:

There are people who will buy consoles just to have 1 of those 4 games. Well maybe 2 when it comes to Pro Evo/Fifa.

I know plenty of people who bought it just for MLB 08 The Show. Maybe nowhere near as much as those other games, but still enough considering it is the best Baseball game franchise out there.

Eh, i disagree on it being the best baseball franchise out their.  The best realistic looking one, and the best one on an HD Console... but the best baseball franchise out their is a PS2/Wii series from what i've played.

DMeisterJ said:
I love your threads.

But all consoles are ouch. Each console dropped hard.

Wii dropped 62 percent

PS3 dropped 46 percent

360 dropped 44 percent

Drops all around.

Yeah, but the Wii's drop was due to supply constraint. An oldie but goodie.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
What a drop...
i expceted ps3 to stay above 100k atleast.
well, maybe npd will make situation clear somehow..

That's interesting Crazzy. What do you mean by "maybe npd will make situation clear somehow"?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
CrazzyMan said:
What a drop...

That's interesting Crazzy. What do you mean by "maybe npd will make situation clear somehow"?

The usual "This site is off!" whenever PS3 numbers are low.  Magnific or whatever said the same thing.

That's how fanboys spin (of all cosnoles) if somethign is lower then they expect Ioi is suddenly some shady scamster who makes up numbers by dolling D20 dice...

When the numbers are good... well, you post the numbers in threads and quote them everywhere to gloat. 

Note: I'm just as excited about NG2 as I am about MGS4. I wonder which will sell more software/hardware? Those'll be interesting to compare. Sorry for going off topic.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Software for NA in.

WW GTA4 360 = 1.1m
WW GTA4 PS3 = 0.7m

Total WW GTA4 360 = 4.4
Total WW GTA4 PS3 = 3.3

New 2nd week ratio: 1.33 to 1, lead increased to 1.1m. (Last week it was 1.27 to 1, lead was 0.7m)

Kasz216 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
CrazzyMan said:
What a drop...

The usual "This site is off!" whenever PS3 numbers are low.  Magnific or whatever said the same thing.

That's how fanboys spin (of all cosnoles) if somethign is lower then they expect Ioi is suddenly some shady scamster who makes up numbers by dolling D20 dice...

When the numbers are good... well, you post the numbers in threads and quote them everywhere to gloat. 

Yeap, leo-j will be clamming massive undertrack by at least 100k... good old days...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."