By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Sales UP---Ps360--OUCH!!

dude you still call everything the Wii does amazing, it's like you have still no insight and knowledge of the market..

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

I think MGS IV will boost PS3 sales everywhere. Releasing those bundles continuously has led to the effect that PS3 is selling more consoles than MS for at least 2 months now (At least in US + Europe). First the Gran Turismo bundle, than GTA IV and next up will be MGS IV. It will have effect. A part from these special releases they got the Fifa 08 + R&C and R&C + Uncharted bundles...

I think PS3 + LBP will be their next bundle. Unfortunately this release will come in October, so they kinda need an extra bundle in the meantime. (perhaps Saints Rows 2, coming in August) Preferably with that Dual Shock 3 controller in Others.

people do buy consoles for certain games, but most of them do it in advance of the release of their most favorite game, like many Metal Gear fans have probably already got a PS3 and are playing some other games on it until MGS4 comes, just a couple will really wait until it's launch..................... ................... ................................ like I myself wanted a PSP solely for Crisis Core actually, but I bought it earlier and play Final Fantasy Tactics on it, but still the coming Crisis Core was the real reason of my purchase..

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
dude you still call everything the Wii does amazing, it's like you have still no insight and knowledge of the market..

I think its amazing because this is the Wii's "off-week" when it was supposed to be really low (you know the zig zagging that Wii sales have been doing for awhile now, really high, then really low, repeat...) After the huge week it had last week I think most people expected it to do it's usual drop down to really low numbers this week.(probably below the PS3/360) but it didn't happen.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

the zig-zagging is caused by the Wii being available or not, I don't think there is anything amazing about Nintendo finally haveing a little more units in the stores after a strong weak, the demand is nothing new

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

Yet again, completely unsurprising NA numbers. Their unpredictable elements have become predictable; shameful PS360 numbers almost without exception and a small or "small" Wii week after a big or a "big" one... This could be the bar for the remainder of the year I think.

Ajax said:

Here's the thing.  He's calling it amazing in comparison to the rest of the consoles.

Sure it's an average week for the Wii... but it's amazing in terms of console sales period.

If you judged something based on how good they are instead of comparing them with your more average contestants people like Tiger woods would never have good games.

azrm2k said:
Ail said:
Wii is as expected but it is exactly why people should stop making huge threads about how the Wii will reach 50% marketshare within a few month when they see a big Wii week and then a weaker week comes and the Wii loose half the progress it made the previous week...

While I agree Wii won't hit 50% in a few months you're technically wrong when you said it lost half the progress it made last week.  It didn't lose any progress actually.

Wii sales = 298 + 45 (From Source's Japan preview article)

PS360 = 381 + 11 (again from source's preview) 

Wii gets 343k this week while the HD consoles sell 392.  Wii did not outsell them but Wii sold around 46.67% of consoles this week.  Since that number is higher than the previous LTD marketshare of 45% Wii did gain more marketshare.  Not enough to be noticable at all but if it continues to get tiny bumps like this on off weeks and much bigger (>50%) leads on some weeks than it will pass 50% soon enough.  The problem is as it approaches 50% it'll need more of the bigger boosts but with the upcoming supply increase that should be possible.

To get over 50% marketshare the Wii has to outsell 360+PS3 to reduce the LTD gap between Wii and PS3+360 to 0...

This week that gap is going to increase by 50k. The Wii lost ground, case in point....

Last week the Wii reduced the gap by 42k.

So actually over the last two weeks the gap still increased by 8k......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Anyone else bother to look what the 360 did last year in May??

May 07 weekly average - 51,000

That's a 32% increase, of course it still sucks since its one week after GTA IV launch..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

konnichiwa said:
I am wondering how the sales will be in June especially when MGS4 release.

Isn't June the month when every student/school attender have tests/exams/proofs?

How many parents would let their children buy consoles then? It is the most silly thing you can do..

MGS4 is a 18+ game, so parents shouldn't allow their children to buy the game to begin with. Being 18 is what's called in our nation "adult". If someone will use the words again "I blame WII Fit", I'm gonna hit that person, I can't hear eh read that anymore... And as mentioned before the biggest ouch is still for the WII as it dropped the most but of course it is stockpilling for the WII Fit PS3 needs its own exclusive to run away from the 360 once and for all.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo