By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Belief in God 'childish,' Jews not chosen people: Einstein letter

Not another religion thread. There is no life after death. once you are dead that is it.

Around the Network
luinil said:

Meh, This is all I need to know about how science works:

My god, I think I just shit myself.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

That is a great pic isn't it? I love it. Makes me laugh everytime. ^_^

Rock_on_2008 said:
Not another religion thread. There is no life after death. once you are dead that is it.

Death does not discount the possibility of a God.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Every time there is a peace treaty between an Arab nation and Israel, Israel gets bombed. I don't think Arabs want peace with Israel - it's not possible. Israel needs to get outta there for there to be peace. And there is no way Israel is leaving.
Praying for the best.

OT. Hey did is what Jesus said as well. You have to be like a child to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. So I guess believing in God is childish - and I'm childish.

Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:

LOL ownage right there. XD

MrBubbles said:
Divine interventions dont necessarily have to come in the form of a supernatural event

Then how do we know it exists? Is giving the benefit of the doubt worth all those religious suicide bombers killings thousands every month? The conflicts in isreal? The main cause of the holocaust? the fighta among Christian sects? People escape to USA and Canada because of religious prosecution. We have no prof do we? A cosmic event caused the world. Evolution formed humans in Africa, we migrated outward. Hindus beleive a spiritual and nonliteral "god" rather then god himself. Same with bhuddists. To a degree I THINK thats fine but thats just me.

Edge112 said:
MrBubbles said:
Divine interventions dont necessarily have to come in the form of a supernatural event

Then how do we know it exists? Is giving the benefit of the doubt worth all those religious suicide bombers killings thousands every month? The conflicts in isreal? The main cause of the holocaust? the fighta among Christian sects? People escape to USA and Canada because of religious prosecution. We have no prof do we? A cosmic event caused the world. Evolution formed humans in Africa, we migrated outward. Hindus beleive a spiritual and nonliteral "god" rather then god himself. Same with bhuddists. To a degree I THINK thats fine but thats just me.

i dont see how a number of your points relate to mine.   As far as knowing non-supernatural divine intervention from chance...its more of a personal thing.   They exist for those who are willing to see....and can be explained away for those who dont want to.   Much like the existance of god itself...  Who and what god might be is much more complex, but if you are considering that you likely have already chosen one path of thought.

Some of your points are easily explained away by the fact that a number of people dont fully understand their claimed religion and none of the religions are necessarily real representations of god and its will.  Our world is more than likely created by a cosmic event...creation by god would be also be a cosmic event btw.  Evolution is debateable(by those who havent blinded themselves) but even that would not rule out an intelligent designer. 

Your understanding up Hinduism and Buddhism seems faulty/incomplete (not that it even has any bearing on anything but i thought i should at least say something)

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Coca-Cola said:
That proves it! There is no God.

Einstein himself was an agnostic theist, and also described atheists as being childish.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Almost four years old. Is this a VGChartz record for thread necromancy?