By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Belief in God 'childish,' Jews not chosen people: Einstein letter

outlawauron said:
Ooo, superchunks and mr. bubbles conversation is quite interesting.

Please continue!

Eh I wouldn't it's just going to degenerate into an arguement with 2 sides.

1) The UN borders decided in 1967 aren't applicable anymore, because instead of agreeing to them in 1967 the arab league (and the palestinians) refused to agree to them and started a war.  As such there should be concessions as it's been shown the arab league countries are hostile (to this day) and Israel needs some sort of buffer.

VS 

2) Israel shouldn't exist at all and was illegally put their by the UN, but we'll live with it as long as Israel agrees to the 1967 borders.

I've had the arguement before. 

Around the Network

As for Military deployment however.

It wasn't a miracle Israel survived...

However the Arab League DID overwhelmingly outnumber Israel. The fact that they didn't use all their forces or use them effectivly is completely irrelevant.

Individual battles are judged by troops deployed on the battlefield.  Wars are judged by army sizes. 

BTW, there is a God. Clover being resurrected as Platinum games is absolute proof!

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
BTW, there is a God. Clover being resurrected as Platinum games is absolute proof!

That's who Platinum games are?  Go figure.

I thought there was some group called "seeds" or something that was supposed to be them.

Divine interventions dont necessarily have to come in the form of a supernatural event

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
Grey Acumen said:
Einstein says that believing in God is childish, hmmm? That's what people say about the Wii, but guess who's winning :P

After all, Jesus said that it wasn't at all childish to believe in God, and how can you possibly believe that Einstein is less fallible than the Son of God?

On a more serious note. I think Einstein was focusing more on the chosen race issue and the methods through which heaven is obtained, as well as the concepts of hell in his declaration of believing in God as childish. I think it is too, but I come from a Christian background, where making a couple mistakes on the road of life isn't going to earn you automatic eternal damnation, etc, even if there are some goofballs who act otherwise.

The wii isn't the smartest human to walk to earth.

Kasz216 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

That's who Platinum games are? Go figure.

I thought there was some group called "seeds" or something that was supposed to be them.

They called themselves Seeds after they regrouped, but then they officially settled on "Platinum games". 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

tombi123 said:
Just to let everyone know, something can be created from nothing. The uncertainty principle allows this and it happens billions of times every second on the quantum level.

An imaginary photon that doesn't exist, creates a particle and anti-particle that follow different paths for a certain length of time, then they collide into each other and annihilate each other, emitting the photon that created them in the first place.

It is theoretically possible that the universe is a vacuum fluctuation. h=Et, where h is Planck's constant, E is energy and t is time. So a particles energy, multiplied by the amount of time it exists for, equals Planck's constant.

The universe has positive and negative energy. The positive energy is expanding the universe and the negative energy is slowing the expansion of the universe (gravity). If the positive and negative energies exactly cancel each other out (critical density universe), then the universe could have been created out of nothing and exist for an infinite amount of time, given by h=Et.

If the positive and negative energies don't quite cancel out, then the universe will exist for a less than infinite amount of time.

So basically, quantum mechanics allows the universe to be created from nothing, as long as it has no net energy or it has energy but only exists for a less then infinite time.

The uncertanity principle has more to do with observations, and fits very well within chaos theroy. I don't think you can claim something can be created from nothing. It would be more accurate to say there is a possibility and a school of thought. But Law of Conservation of matter and energy defently is against that idea. Even hawkings and his information paradox have backed off and said it's not being destroyed.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
LordTheNightKnight said:

lol