By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Belief in God 'childish,' Jews not chosen people: Einstein letter

lol... you clearly know very little, superchunk....

egypt made it into israel did they?
fighting was in the sinai and israel pushed back ...right across the suez into egypt.
syria tried to take more but failed
interesting you leave out equipment and only mention personnel ;)
lol...the goal was to "throw the jews into the sea"
arab leaders telling each they would meet in tel aviv doesnt lend any credence to your claim of "just wanting their land"

i feel so bad for you

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
ssj12 said:

As for Religion, frankly Religion brings hope. Thats all it is, hope. This is why there have been religions and beliefs since the dawn of mankind. The belief that there is a greater existance, the belief of a better tomorrow, belief that you will forfill whatever purpose you believe your on the Earth to accomplish. This is really the true meaning to the existance of religions across the world. Nothing more, nothing less.

We will never know if there is a greater being as the real circle of life is through energy. The energy of the universe is constantly changing and moving. Ourlife is energy, when we die we pass that energy off into the universe to be used somewhere ese. No matter if its to grow a field of flowers or to help create a new star or black hole. This is what they cycle of life really is.

Why is it that everyone ignored my post... is it because I am a mod?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Personally, I think the idea of God in the modern monotheist ideal is childish and silly. The idea of a power greater than our comprehension, on the other hand, is very possible.

But I find the idea of a God who meddles in the affairs of man and controls everything in the world ridiculous. I would hope that it has better things to do than shake up its ant farm every now and again just for shits and giggles.

Again, just my opinion. I was raised with religion but after going to college and taking various scientific courses, I just can't buy into it anymore.

In short:

You rock, Alby.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

MrBubbles said:
lol... you clearly know very little, superchunk....

egypt made it into israel did they?
fighting was in the sinai and israel pushed back ...right across the suez into egypt.
syria tried to take more but failed
interesting you leave out equipment and only mention personnel ;)
lol...the goal was to "throw the jews into the sea"
arab leaders telling each they would meet in tel aviv doesnt lend any credence to your claim of "just wanting their land"

i feel so bad for you
 I know very little....lol. You both are skimming over the details.

In the first few days Israel was caught by surprise and lost some ground early on. As Israel's reservists kicked in they pushed Syria + others helping Syria back out across golan hieghts again and also pushed Egypt all the way back to the suez. Even the wikipedia article shows that.

You need to understand Arab culture a little better. They are very boisterous and self promoting. To eachother they say a lot of things. Yet, Jordan never made any large surge attempt into Israel. The fact remains that internally thier goals were to 1. get land lost in 1967 and then 2. if possible remove Israel. They lost both in the end of course.

Don't feel sorry for me, look past your bias and read more books. I gave you a great literary source. Buy it used for like $5 and read its prime sources. Those alone will show you you're wrong.

hardly am i biased...all my opinions are grounded in actual facts. if i leave out details its because they are unnecessary. you, however, appear to leave out details because they run counter to your points.

facts like if the arabs wanted the land they would have accepted peace agreements in exchange for the land. Israel offered egypt the sinai in exhange for peace...but egypt refused and started planning a war...

nice friendly neighbours.

israel was caught by surprise...so what? they didnt lose any israeli ground. it was all territory they had taken to act as a buffer. which worked out well apparently.

lol...you talk about these arabs like they are a pack of wild children. thats ludicrous. im sure people thought hitler was all talk as well. genocidal talk cannot be ignored.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
hardly am i biased...all my opinions are grounded in actual facts. if i leave out details its because they are unnecessary. you, however, appear to leave out details because they run counter to your points.

facts like if the arabs wanted the land they would have accepted peace agreements in exchange for the land. Israel offered egypt the sinai in exhange for peace...but egypt refused and started planning a war...

nice friendly neighbours.

israel was caught by surprise...so what? they didnt lose any israeli ground. it was all territory they had taken to act as a buffer. which worked out well apparently.

lol...you talk about these arabs like they are a pack of wild children. thats ludicrous. im sure people thought hitler was all talk as well. genocidal talk cannot be ignored.

What details did I leave out that counter my points. I have always added more content than you.

Israel's peace offerings have always been at the nudging of US and UN. Never on their own. Thier peace with Egypt was a direct result of Sadat's unexpected trip to Tel Aviv. Israel's view on peace was evident from the 1956 war, started by Israel by the protection and promotion of France and Britian. Israel had to be forced out of the Sanai by US/UN then and that laid the foundations of the 1967 war and latere this war.

Now, I'm not saying the Arabs have always been peaceful or even offered any kind of real peace initiative, but don't promote the idea that Israel is some kind of saint it his conflict. They have both been equally irresponsible and have made countless anti-peace decisions. At least now the Arabs as a coalition have offered a real peace for 1967 borders plan a couple of years ago that has only been rejected by Israel, Hamas, and a couple other minor groups. All Arab nations backed it as well as the PA.

Surprise is what gave Israel a massive victory in 1967. That is what the Arabs were also hoping for. however, unlike Israel their attack was not planned nearly as well or in any real cooperation. Plus, Israel's defenses are just better. But, that wasn't part of our original discussion. The fact that Israel's existence is anything but a miracle proof of God is how this started. I think anyone reading our comments would agree that it clearly is not a miracle.

I did not say Arabs were a pack of children. Just a simple cultural fact. I am married to a an Arab. Her father's family was born in Palestine and fled in 1967 to Jordan. In the 80's they migrated to the US through Brazil. It is a simple observation that Arabs culture is much louder and more vocal in their accusations and dealings. You just don't have an intimate understanding of Arab culture and history. Its not negative thing in anyway, its just a generalization of the culture. 

this thread has really kicked of. I'm glad so many people are at least open to the idea of there being no god and vice versa.

One word....

BLASPHEMY

lol

Einstein says that believing in God is childish, hmmm? That's what people say about the Wii, but guess who's winning :P

After all, Jesus said that it wasn't at all childish to believe in God, and how can you possibly believe that Einstein is less fallible than the Son of God?

On a more serious note. I think Einstein was focusing more on the chosen race issue and the methods through which heaven is obtained, as well as the concepts of hell in his declaration of believing in God as childish. I think it is too, but I come from a Christian background, where making a couple mistakes on the road of life isn't going to earn you automatic eternal damnation, etc, even if there are some goofballs who act otherwise.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Ooo, superchunks and mr. bubbles conversation is quite interesting.

Please continue!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.